GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went Stage 2, Changed Plugs, how are the old plugs?

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
So I went stage 2 about 2 weeks ago and was still running my Ruth plugs. Decided to put back my RS7 plugs which only had about 3k miles on them. The Ruth’s has been in for a little over a year and less than 10k miles. Plugs 1 and 3 looked ok but 2 and 4 looked not so good to me, especially 2. The photos below are the in cylinder order. Plug 2 had that brown crud gapping the space but the extra fell off when I moved the plug. Is this normal or was something going on?
IMG_7825.jpeg

IMG_7826.jpeg
IMG_7827.jpeg
IMG_7828.jpeg
IMG_7829.jpeg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Look normal to me. The Ruths should work just fine.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Thanks, I was concerned and thought most likely ok but just wanted some opinions. I’m leaving the RS7 plugs in there since they are in already.
I would take those rs7 plugs out after the issues people have been having with them.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Thanks, I was concerned and thought most likely ok but just wanted some opinions. I’m leaving the RS7 plugs in there since they are in already.

The rs7 (rs3 actually) plug stuff is overblown, people have issues with the Beru version or they screw up the gap and end up weakening the ground strap pulling it back out. For stage 2 street driving Ruths or RS3 plugs are fine out of the box.