GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Welp, 1 less R on the road

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
I just can't have nice things.

Since it happened on the job, I got sent to the workers comp doctor which got me a free catscan and neck xrays.

Here's hoping the car is totalled, I don't want it back. It'll never be the same.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Oh ya, I will be making sure I get every single cent it costs to replace it. Cat scan and neck xray. Will find out if I got any real damage tomorrow.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
The main thing is you are OK. How did it happen?

From the pics, it looks to be front wing, front door, rear door, b pillar & sill damage only. If that is the case, then it's an easy repair.

Rappy:cool:

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
My neighbor runs a body shop. Right now they have a 2016 R with like a hundred miles on it that had some sort of run-in with a motorcycle gang. Not pretty. From the looks of things, my guess is that he hit one of the bikers and his comrades took it out on the poor car with their helmets. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares from looking at the poor car.

wolfe1

I'm really surprised with this pillar damage there was not air bag deployment.that would have totaled car for sure.as long as you are ok,vw will build you another one.

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
I just can't have nice things.

Since it happened on the job, I got sent to the workers comp doctor which got me a free catscan and neck xrays.

Here's hoping the car is totalled, I don't want it back. It'll never be the same.

Denver area resident here. Sorry to see this, but glad you are o.k.
I hear you on hoping for the totalled result. Drivers out here are insane. And, there's more of them than ever before.

About 6 years ago, someone going the opposite direction turned left into my '06 M3 Coupe. No injuries, but I was devastated to see my car (the best looking car ever built, IMO) so beat up. The insurance ruling was to repair vs total. SVE Autobody in Broomfield did a fantastic job. For the next 5 years, I often forgot that it had been hit, the fix was that good. I took lots of pics of the damage and repair process at the body shop, which helped convince the buyer last year that the car was just fine.
Still, it sucked to have to deal with lowered resale 'value'.

Booger_Davis

Passed Driver's Ed
With that door jamb damage (b-pillar) I expect they'll total it, then sell it as rebuildable and it will live again with a salvage title for another owner .

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
With that door jamb damage (b-pillar) I expect they'll total it, then sell it as rebuildable and it will live again with a salvage title for another owner .

That was where I was guessing the totalling will come from. The A and B pillar will both have to be repaired. The front suspension and driveline took a good hit too, so that's not going to be cheap.

Traffic in the lane to the left of me was stopped, my lane wasnt, someone tried to turn left through that traffic and hit me. Still can't figure out how he had that much speed coming through the gap though.