GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

well im getting the last of the mk7.5 gti (2021)

which color should i go with?

• White Silver

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Cornflower Blue.

Votes: 75 68.2%

• Total voters

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
So then, again no R for 2021 in North America?
Right, the North American GTI is built in Mexico and that plant is still busy building Mk7.5's. The R was made in Germany and that plant is already building Mk8 Golfs and GTI's and getting ready for the Mk8 R.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Dude, they're offering Cornflower Blue on the SE and Autobahn this year? That's badass. Get it.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
so i posted on here before about my car and well it's getting replaced once again :( I'm really bummed about this as this is my third GTi since i first bought on back in April of last year, lets hope this one last,
well anyways i was given the order form for the new 2021 GTI as this is all they can replace it with as there are no 2020 left around, there are several big changed with the 2021 i did not noticed or see in any of the press released about it, remind you this is NOT THE MK8 GTI just the last of the MK7.5 GTI. i think this time i will be going from a white silver autobahn to the cornflower blue autobahn, ill post a poll about this and see what everyone's thought it.

Hi, I am new to the Golfmk7 forum but have been lurking for a few months. This is my first post and I am thinking about becoming a VW owner for the first time. Time to ask my first two questions:

1. Do any insiders know when the official VWoA 2021 ordering guides will be available for public consumption?
2. Does going the 2021 ordering route on a VW mean bypassing potentially $3k to $6k of savings from MSRP?

I like the idea of a 2021 GTI SE in cornflower blue, but not if it means having to pay close to sticker.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi, I am new to the Golfmk7 forum but have been lurking for a few months. This is my first post and I am thinking about becoming a VW owner for the first time. Time to ask my first two questions:

1. Do any insiders know when the official VWoA 2021 ordering guides will be available for public consumption?
2. Does going the 2021 ordering route on a VW mean bypassing potentially $3k to $6k of savings from MSRP?

I like the idea of a 2021 GTI SE in cornflower blue, but not if it means having to pay close to sticker.

Welcome to the forum. According to the post you quoted you can order a 2021 now. No idea on potential price reduction from MSRP. It will depend on a lot of factors with availability being the biggest one.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Welcome to the forum. According to the post you quoted you can order a 2021 now. No idea on potential price reduction from MSRP. It will depend on a lot of factors with availability being the biggest one.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may just have to just visit my local VW dealership and find out first hand how much wiggle room on the 2021s. To make it worth my time, they at least have one 2020 GTI SE with a 6MT that I'm itching to test drive.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I got nearly 20% off sticker (pre tax) on my 2020 GTI AB so the wiggle room on '20's is pretty significant...

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I got nearly 20% off sticker (pre tax) on my 2020 GTI AB so the wiggle room on '20's is pretty significant...

Nice score! I assume you purchased through a high volume dealer for that kind of deal. Probably too early in the season for deals like that on 2021s.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The more information the Mk8 gets, the cheaper 2021's will become. Mk6's were hugely discounted as Mk7's were incoming or especially already on lots.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
from what i was told from my sales friend who works over at the dealer since 2020 are no longer in production and 2021 have started, the demand of the 2021 gti at the dealership is kinda high, in fact it is high for almost every model that have currently. you might be lucky and get a 2021 on some sort of discount but i would assume that would only come when it gets closer to the mk8 coming out in 2022.

i purely just got lucky as to replace my car VWoA told me that they did not have any 2020 left at the port, which is why I was handed an order form for 2021.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Well, got to test drive my first two GTIs today. Both were 2020s. One was a SE with a 6MT. The other was a S with the 7 speed DSG. I definitely like the higher driver involvement of the 6MT. And I think the 8.5 inch screen and the LED lights would keep me warm to the SE, even though I really like the cloth plaid seats of the S. Darn, too bad I wasn't even thinking about GTIs back in 2019 when the Rabbit model could still be had new.

After the test drive, I asked my local dealer about the availability of the 2021s and asked for an order form. I got the deer in the headlights stare. Then I was told that they didn't have any 2021 order guides and didn't expect to be able to get any 2021s till Q1 of 2021. Ugh, not sure I can wait that long for a new 2021 cornflower blue. At least the dealer said they could get their hands on a 2020 white silver metallic if I so pulled the trigger. Decisions, decisions.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Well, got to test drive my first two GTIs today. Both were 2020s. One was a SE with a 6MT. The other was a S with the 7 speed DSG. I definitely like the higher driver involvement of the 6MT. And I think the 8.5 inch screen and the LED lights would keep me warm to the SE, even though I really like the cloth plaid seats of the S. Darn, too bad I wasn't even thinking about GTIs back in 2019 when the Rabbit model could still be had new.

After the test drive, I asked my local dealer about the availability of the 2021s and asked for an order form. I got the deer in the headlights stare. Then I was told that they didn't have any 2021 order guides and didn't expect to be able to get any 2021s till Q1 of 2021. Ugh, not sure I can wait that long for a new 2021 cornflower blue. At least the dealer said they could get their hands on a 2020 white silver metallic if I so pulled the trigger. Decisions, decisions.

hey has no idea what he's talking about I believe the PDF is posted here somewhere by me, but my 2021 GTI Autobahn just came off the truck today waiting on dealer to do PDI

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
here is my 2021 Autobahn din white silver, it just came off the truck so it still needs a PDI but those wheels the (Belveders) are new for the us market, it also has the black spoiler trim and rear view mirror caps like the rabbit did .

Attachments

• tempImageF8lwc8.png
    tempImageF8lwc8.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 254