GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

well im getting the last of the mk7.5 gti (2021)

which color should i go with?

• White Silver

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Cornflower Blue.

Votes: 75 68.2%

• Total voters

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
so i posted on here before about my car and well it's getting replaced once again :( I'm really bummed about this as this is my third GTi since i first bought on back in April of last year, lets hope this one last,
well anyways i was given the order form for the new 2021 GTI as this is all they can replace it with as there are no 2020 left around, there are several big changed with the 2021 i did not noticed or see in any of the press released about it, remind you this is NOT THE MK8 GTI just the last of the MK7.5 GTI. i think this time i will be going from a white silver autobahn to the cornflower blue autobahn, ill post a poll about this and see what everyone's thought it.

Attachments

• 2021 GTI.pdf
    290.7 KB · Views: 1,247

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Thanks a lot for the PDF! Been curious about the 2021 U.S. model.

What is the short story as to what happened with your first two GTIs?

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Thanks a lot for the PDF! Been curious about the 2021 U.S. model.

What is the short story as to what happened with your first two GTIs?
ill just get into this long story as short as I can, bought my gti rabbit edition back in April of last year, the car had a faulty pedestrian monitor system and the car was replaced with a 2019 white silver autobahn, took this car in for service and for them to check out a strange creaking sound coming from the rear seat. I had just gotten a roof rack installed a month earlier and they decided they wanted to be nice and run my car through an automatic car wash which destroyed my roof rack bike rack and caused damage to the area where it clamps to the car, dealer owned up to once i pointed it out to them and they offered to replace the rack and bike rack and also send my car to the body shop to get the damaged fixed, mind you I only had this car since October and it has about 15k miles on it. once they got the car back from the dealer they began to take apart my rear seat as this is where they said the noise was coming from and the somehow ended up tearing my leather seat in the back. why they did this without even having the parts on hand is beyond me but all in all my car sat there for 87 days (with an open case through VWoA) until they finally approved my request for a new car, so on Wednesday I got the email from the customer retention team and the order form for a 2021 GTI Mk7.5 still, and I believe I'm going to opt for the cornflower blue this time around but before i accept that offer i pleasantly asked if they would be willing to swap me over to an Audi, so I'm waiting on that response now.
i just copied this from another post i made.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
these are the wheels available on the autobahn trim level its from the club sport and from what i gather they are really light wheels .

Attachments

• 13782122_1523862367639680_6271036816462605448_n.jpg
    13782122_1523862367639680_6271036816462605448_n.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 771

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I am hoping to see a VWoA press release soon as dealers are getting order guides.

So there is no “special” edition for the last MY of this generation. Cornflower blue with Belvedere wheels would be a unique combo.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I normally don't like silver cars, but VW did a really awesome job with the White Silver color. I like how its color varies so much depending on the lighting the car is sitting in. That aside, the Cornflower Blue really stands out in a good way though, so that would be my pick!

Edit: You really couldn't go wrong with either though, in my opinion. I would've happily gotten either myself if the pickings weren't so slim on a leftover 2019 by the time I was shopping around.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Thats a lot of money for an Autobahn, I would look for a CPO R

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Not a fan of White Silver personally. It looks cool in certain lighting conditions, but not so great in others, and just looks weird to me the more I see it. Cornflower Blue is a really cool color without being "too loud", though all of that is totally subjective.

One nice HUGE upgrade for '21 - wireless CarPlay & (I assume) Android Auto.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Not a fan of White Silver personally. It looks cool in certain lighting conditions, but not so great in others, and just looks weird to me the more I see it. Cornflower Blue is a really cool color without being "too loud", though all of that is totally subjective.

yes and the updated MIB3 which i cant find much information on,
the adaptive cruise control stop and go has been updated from my 2019 where before it would only activate ACC to 2mph, it sounds like its more effective in traffic situations

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I'm biased but I will prefer metallic paint compared to flat. Get whatever you like and could live with long term.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
R isn't that good, GTI is better. I've owned both come at me...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
these are the wheels available on the autobahn trim level its from the club sport and from what i gather they are really light wheels .

I guess there's finally a good reason to get the Autobahn.
Those wheels are forged and weigh less than 17 lbs.
Also, didn't realize the Autobahn got a bigger RSB.

Love both the white silver and cornflower blue, although don't know if I could live with that blue long term.