GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weekend sale at DT/DT Direct

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Just received an email regarding their holiday sale, 6/28-6/30. 10% back (Visa prepaid, Mail-in Rebate) on wheels/tires/installation, 15% if you use your DT credit card.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I think there will be a new sale starting next week for the holiday that will be even better. There was last year.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Pilot 4S please!!!!

Alternative: Conti ECS, which has a stacking $70 MIR until 6/30. I've had a set for spring/summer/fall street use since last May, no complaints.

I think there will be a new sale starting next week for the holiday that will be even better. There was last year.

Maybe, but with their generous return policy, I don't think that would make a great deal of sense for them. They'd just end up with thousands of customers wanting to return their tires and re-purchase them for the better rebate. Last year's holiday rebates (which I took advantage of twice) were 10% back for the purchase plus an additional 10% for using their credit card. I just don't see them offering 15% back one weekend, and then 20% the next.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Last year's holiday rebates (which I took advantage of twice) were 10% back for the purchase plus an additional 10% for using their credit card. I just don't see them offering 15% back one weekend, and then 20% the next.

Ah yes that is what I remember from last year and what I am hoping for. You mentioned their return policy, do they allow exchanges on wheels if you decide you don't like how they look a few days after installation?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
do they allow exchanges on wheels if you decide you don't like how they look a few days after installation?

Once they're installed/mounted, they're yours.
Depending on the store/person you're working with they MIGHT give you credit back if there's a technical issue or something & allow you to get a different set.
But if you don't like how they "look"....that's not their problem
That's why they have wheel simulators to show you how they'd look, like on TireRack or DT's website

EDIT: Ask them, regardless, but I'm pretty you'll get the same answer.
TireRack's policy, for example, is once they're mounted/bolted to the car...they can't be returned.

Last edited:

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Well they just put the same sale back on again so oh well. Last year at some point they had an instant savings sale (and mail in rebate). Maybe it wasn't until the end of the summer when most people are done wheel and tire shopping.