GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weathertech Vs Monster Mat Comparison

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The WeatherTech mats are certainly more protective than the Monster mats.

I had WeatherTech mats in my Mazda and they did the job. But I find that the hard plastic material is kind of slippery and gets really gritty under your feet, even with the slightest amount of dirt. I prefer the Monster mats as they're more soft rubber vs hard plastic.

Another knock on them was that the WeatherTech logo peeled off within the first year that I had them. The glue deteriorated for some reason.

Finally, they are way too expensive for what they are. Made in America, I believe. Not that that's a bad thing...

03fan

The WeatherTech mats are certainly more protective than the Monster mats.

I had WeatherTech mats in my Mazda and they did the job. But I find that the hard plastic material is kind of slippery and gets really gritty under your feet, even with the slightest amount of dirt. I prefer the Monster mats as they're more soft rubber vs hard plastic.

Another knock on them was that the WeatherTech logo peeled off within the first year that I had them. The glue deteriorated for some reason.

Finally, they are way too expensive for what they are. Made in America, I believe. Not that that's a bad thing...

I do agree that the monster mats are better in every situation except winter slush.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If someone else posted a good comparison video between the two on here let e me know and I'll take the post down.

If you searched, there are plenty of posts comparing the two. And who needs to watch an 8-minute with 4-minutes on how to install their floor mats? If someone needs that much help perhaps they should stick to a bicycle.

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
If i were to upgrade the monsters, which I won't, the Husky weather beaters are my choice over the techs.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Glad someone posted a DIY for installing mats. It's hard to believe so many people overlook the opportunity to post such vital information to YouTube. Thanks to the hardworking DIYers here, I now feel content that I can accomplish such complicated tasks as installing stickers and floor mats on/in my very complicated German car. Can you do one on how to install wiper blades? Or even better, how to debadge the hatch? Those items confuse and frighten me, and it would be helpful if someone with the aspirations to monetize their very basic mechanical knowledge could walk me through it in an 8:00 minute video.

Thanks in advance.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Jeezis. Tough crowd here. Don't like it, don't watch. Seems easy enough.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Jeezis. Tough crowd here. Don't like it, don't watch. Seems easy enough.
This man people are rages.

Solid video and I love my weathertechs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

03fan

This man people are rages.

Solid video and I love my weathertechs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm sure he's a blast at parties. Moderators feel free to ban me and delete the thread if it's against the rules. I don't believe it's spam and a few people could find it useful.

Back to the topic....

dragoncoach

Ready to race!
Not a big deal for me. I live in the Bay Area so weather techs don't make that much of a difference. I think only slush and ice would make a difference in my decision. From what I've seen, quite a few Golfs and GTI's already are "packed" with monster mats. So, if not really necessary, why spend the extra $100 or so when you don't have to? It just depends on what type of protection your car requires.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
As we get a lot of winter snow and slush, the WeatherTechs are my choice. We had Husky mats in my wife's old CR-V, and they were dreadful; slipped all over, didn't lock down, warped easily. Monster I haven't used. WeatherTech stuff is overkill probably if you don't have nasty winters, but they really do work for bad weather areas.

dragoncoach

Ready to race!
Compare what they both look like after 10 years use.

When they wear out, I'll just pick up another set. As I stated earlier, the dealer already includes them as they are "port installed" and not a deleteable option. So why not use them first since they are already paid for? No snow or slush in the Bay Area, just rain, and the included mats serve my purpose well.

Last edited: