GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weathertech Side Window Deflectors

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Would appreciate the opinions of those using this exterior modification as to their functionality, that is, do they reduce wind noise when the window is down or partially open, do they prevent rain from coming in when the window is cracked open, and any other comments as to durability, etc. Thanks.

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
I have the oem VW ones, I don't find they make a difference for wind noise with the windows closed. No more, no less, despite saying they should reduce wind noise. For the windows down, I used to find that if I had the drivers window down a bit (a little to halfway), or just the front two fully down there was A LOT of buffeting and uncomfortable pressure in my ears if the rears weren't also down, but now that is pretty much gone with the deflectors. I haven't had the windows down while raining yet unfortunately. The rear VW ones seem to stick out in the middle more than I'd like, its not a huge deal, but I think the Weathertech ones are more flush.

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
I have the henko wind deflectors installed on my Golf. I feel its added a bit more wind noise when travelling at speed when the windows are up but when the windows are opened slightly it gives off less noise 🤷‍♂️. Not an issue for me as it's liveable compared to the rain that used to trickle in when the windows were slightly ajar. Now I don't have this issue with the wind deflectors installed. Only had them on for a few months now so can't give an opinion on the longevity but there still looking clean and nicely secure since I installed them.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I literally just installed the weathertech deflectors. They were a super easy install and after leaving the windows up for 12 hours per the instructions, I have not run into any issue with the auto up function of the window. I love the low profile look

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Had them on almost a year on my GSW. There is a bit of noise at speed with the windows up, nothing your radio can't cover as mentioned above. With them cracked the air stream is less harsh and not as noisy. No issues with them cracked and raining on all 4 so long as you don't go lower than the outside deflector lip by much.

Make sure you line them up right on install. Had to fuss with the rears a bit, but once in place and allowed to sit for 12 hours i've had no issues since.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
I've had them on both my Mk6 and Mk7 GTI. No reduction in wind noise, but they are great for parking in the sun and cracking the windows to vent the summer heat. I also have them on my wife's Nissan Rogue. Well, I HAD them on the front and back of the Rogue, but the back ones blew off and are gone. No trouble losing the ones on the GTI, but the security on the Rogue's rear windows sucked.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have the weathertech deflectors and love them....super low profile and incredibly easy to install. If you follow the directions exactly, you'll have no issues with the auto up feature. Any addition will add wind noise, but it's not much....way less than my roof rack when it's on.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I have the Weathertech ones that I bought from their Amazon store. They're great. No wind noise. And now I can roll down my windows in the rain when going through a drive through for food or coffee and not have all the rain water fall onto my window switches. Definitely a must for the PNW.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I also have the weather tech visors. I had oems ones first and got rid of them cause they were loose sitting in the window channel. Swapped to weather techs and have zero complaints they fit alot tighter in the window channel.

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
I have the henko wind deflectors installed on my Golf. I feel its added a bit more wind noise when travelling at speed when the windows are up but when the windows are opened slightly it gives off less noise 🤷‍♂️. Not an issue for me as it's liveable compared to the rain that used to trickle in when the windows were slightly ajar. Now I don't have this issue with the wind deflectors installed. Only had them on for a few months now so can't give an opinion on the longevity but there still looking clean and nicely secure since I installed them.

Do your folding mirrors contact the Heko wind deflectors? And did you install with the clips or did you go double sided tape?

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Do your folding mirrors contact the Heko wind deflectors? And did you install with the clips or did you go double sided tape?
They do make contact with the mirrors when they fold up, but they only touch a little and they haven't affected the motors since I've installed (coming on three months now). I used the supplied clips to afix them too and they've not given me any trouble either.

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
They do make contact with the mirrors when they fold up, but they only touch a little and they haven't affected the motors since I've installed (coming on three months now). I used the supplied clips to afix them too and they've not given me any trouble either.

I'm having some major trouble with mine, the front ones are loose and just recently got flung off in the car wash. The clips are still intact as well.

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
I'm having some major trouble with mine, the front ones are loose and just recently got flung off in the car wash. The clips are still intact as well.

I've only taken my through the car wash once with them attached and they were fine. I do avoid car washes though and wash by hand. Try reach getting in contact with the company you brought them off for a exchange/refund

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
I recently installed the WeatherTechs and I have to say the wind noise is pretty loud. A coworker has a pair (on a different vehicle) and he said the double sided tape that they put on visors is insufficient and that is what causes the extra noise. I'm a little bit hesitant to reinstall them again. I did notice on the drivers side window the bottom corner is bowing out a bit, not sure if normal?