GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weathertech Side Window Deflectors

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I recently installed the WeatherTechs and I have to say the wind noise is pretty loud. A coworker has a pair (on a different vehicle) and he said the double sided tape that they put on visors is insufficient and that is what causes the extra noise. I'm a little bit hesitant to reinstall them again. I did notice on the drivers side window the bottom corner is bowing out a bit, not sure if normal?
Are you sure those are Weathertech? Weathertech doesn't use tape they get wedged into the seal around the window.

nosmirk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG, Cat7?
My Weathertech deflectors don't have tape or clips.
Every install video i've seen has the rears with tape and I watch pretty much any I could find when I was choosing. One of the reason I went with the OEM which are held in by metal clips instead of tape and dodgey friction.

SteveRedGTI

Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I had the Weathertechs on my last car for 8 years. In year 7, the driver window deflector was starting to come loose at the top. No wind noise, fantastic when it rains. The GTI's definitely getting them. Whatever rain is on your roof will soon be inside the door, and all over your arm. ;). Fantastic to be able to have them slightly down in this heat too.

Last edited:

HelloNewman

Car(s)
Mk7

SteveRedGTI

Car(s)
2020 GTI S

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)

SnailPower

Go Kart Champion
You sure you got Weathertechs? My rears had tape as well. None in the front.

Rofl, reading the recent responses, and the plot thickens. 🥸

Perhaps it is a new additional to their design though? Like they just recently decided to ship with the tape? Only asking but don't know much about the deflectors otherwise. Contemplating getting them since my morning drives now have been water just pouring all over the interior from the morning dew. Driving me ah craaazy.

haste

Car(s)
'21 GTI SE, '15 FiST
Just to help clear things up. I happen to have a brand new set waiting to be installed after my tint finishes "curing".
The rears do have tape on them.

IMG_20210610_201840377~2.jpg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S
+1 for the WeatherTech rears having tape. The fronts only have a clear little gummy guy near where the deflector connects outside the channel by the mirror- They wedge in otherwise. Ordered mine about 8-10 months ago from WT. Make sure you double check your rear window auto roll up isn't hitting and safety lowering after install as it might be a pain to have to adjust the rears post-curing.