GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

We sold our Oryx 6-speed..... should I get another R???

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
So I have to admit, I like having an R in inventory.... what do you guys think??? I am trying to raise the game at our store and I def want the GTI and R crowd/buyers to know this a go to store for those cars.... do you guys buy into that all???

Do any of you find any added incentive to buy from a store that you know is run by fellow enthusiast? Do you like to know that we are excited for you when you buy your car?

I would like to be front runner for the MK8's and want to build up our customer base of GTI/R owners and enthusiasts...

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
It doesn't hurt, however, to know ya'll are enthusiasts. But what it comes down to is the price. I purchase my car with the intent of buying it at the lowest possible cost. More than likely, if I ever need to use warranty, I'll take the car to the shop nearest to my house. But that's highly unlikely (taking my car to a dealer) due to the fact these type of cars are usually modified from the get go. Which most dealers will immediately deny warranty at the sight of an intake, exhaust etc. So the value as a consumer is price.

A local dealer here, Volkswagen of Pasadena, were sponsors for a group called Fastivus back a few years ago. Great folks. Great service. However, when purchasing my 2016 GLI, they couldn't match an offer from a competing dealer, which I went with (I ended up saving 4k).

Ultimately, your dealer needs to add a lot more value in up front in terms of pricing. Being a mod friendly dealer does help with residual income in terms of covering service costs when modifications might be involved, and I'm not sure how lucrative this can be for a dealer.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I understand that you sell VWs and this is a VW forum. Do you need a create to new thread to get opinion if you need to build your inventory (atleast thats what the title says).

To answer your question, i bought my both my GTIs out of state from the same dealer as i had a good rapport with my sales guy and he offered a great deal.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
For buying a car? No most likely not. When it comes to buying a car I want what I want regardless of the incentives. I do not like compromising just because someone “has it on the lot” and it is unlikely that my local dealer has the color/trim/transmission package that I want. I drove 5 hours to get the car I wanted.

Service however is a whole different story. I would be much more inclined to bring my car to you if you take good car of it and you are mod friendly. It would be nice to get good work done at the dealer instead of the usual hack job I have come to expect from Volkswagen service. You being a fellow enthusiast would ease my mind a bit when dropping my car off and I would be more likely to bring it to you for service.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
why does this remind me of the kid in high school that just woke up one morning and decided they would be cool

OP joined the forum way back and remained dormant for a while. For unknown reasons, he is "very" active in the recent past. Finally, it doesnt matter if he is offering special discount for forum members :)

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
I am just curious, I think the likliehood that I will sell cars to anyone on the forum is low and may not happen at all, and that is not really my intent anyway. I am doing well in my local market and I don't need or want to be a pest here. I hope for the most part I can contribute, but admittedly, I am not shy about sharing my opinion either.

I have no idea what you guys think, but I would like to understand how you view dealerships, I am definitely listening and want our dealership to be a competent maybe even good or great store, so your feedback is appreciated and taken to heart.

On my end, I am posting some of the goings ons so you guys have an insight into the marketplace. I have been trying to point out that the market for the R's is in the buyers favor right now, but they are moving, and trying to communicate that to you guys without being to salesy about it. The fact that I will go out and buy another one from a dealer or trade for another R without having a buyer lined up should tell you something.

In fact, the 16' R I took on trade Sat. is already gone. I think that should help anyone who is wondering if its a good time to buy or not....

If I can answer questions for you, I will always do my best to help out....

@diggs, I have been selling cars since I was kid and I still think its fun... ; )

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For buying a car? No most likely not. When it comes to buying a car I want what I want regardless of the incentives. I do not like compromising just because someone “has it on the lot” and it is unlikely that my local dealer has the color/trim/transmission package that I want. I drove 5 hours to get the car I wanted.

Service however is a whole different story. I would be much more inclined to bring my car to you if you take good car of it and you are mod friendly. It would be nice to get good work done at the dealer instead of the usual hack job I have come to expect from Volkswagen service. You being a fellow enthusiast would ease my mind a bit when dropping my car off and I would be more likely to bring it to you for service.

When I decided to get a GTI the dealer that had the one that I wanted wouldn't make a deal. I went to another dealer who got that car from the other dealer at a better price than the other dealer was willing to do.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I am just curious, I think the likliehood that I will sell cars to anyone on the forum is low and may not happen at all, and that is not really my intent anyway. I am doing well in my local market and I don't need or want to be a pest here. I hope for the most part I can contribute, but admittedly, I am not shy about sharing my opinion either.

I have no idea what you guys think, but I would like to understand how you view dealerships, I am definitely listening and want our dealership to be a competent maybe even good or great store, so your feedback is appreciated and taken to heart.

On my end, I am posting some of the goings ons so you guys have an insight into the marketplace. I have been trying to point out that the market for the R's is in the buyers favor right now, but they are moving, and trying to communicate that to you guys without being to salesy about it. The fact that I will go out and buy another one from a dealer or trade for another R without having a buyer lined up should tell you something.

In fact, the 16' R I took on trade Sat. is already gone. I think that should help anyone who is wondering if its a good time to buy or not....

If I can answer questions for you, I will always do my best to help out....

@diggs, I have been selling cars since I was kid and I still think its fun... ; )

Just a suggestion why don't you just post one thread similar to a build thread and post your new things instead of creating a new thread for every new situation.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
When I decided to get a GTI the dealer that had the one that I wanted wouldn't make a deal. I went to another dealer who got that car from the other dealer at a better price than the other dealer was willing to do.

Love to hear it. I’ve never had a good experience with VW service or sales but I’m glad you did. CPO is a hoax.