GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water stains

tmaslove

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Hello.
Anybody have a recommendation on a product to use to remove these stains?

I’ve gotten multiple car washes by several different people and they haven’t been able to remove these stains. I’ve considered wrapping it and calling it a day but figured I’d ask here

Attachments

• D8CB3EA6-9B12-4A7C-8D0E-7AA2BBD2D6D9.jpeg
    D8CB3EA6-9B12-4A7C-8D0E-7AA2BBD2D6D9.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 153

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
You can try chemical guys water spot remover. If that doesn't work usually on paint one then uses compound to polish them out the bad water spots (i use Meguiars ultimate compound). I'd be concerned about scratching those pillars..would go ever so gently with the compound.

tmaslove

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
You can try chemical guys water spot remover. If that doesn't work usually on paint one then uses compound to polish them out the bad water spots (i use Meguiars ultimate compound). I'd be concerned about scratching those pillars..would go ever so gently with the compound.
I’ll look into the one you recommended. I bought some product advertised on my feed which according to the comments and videos it works well. We’ll see if I got scammed or not lol (sud factory)

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
Try clay bar and a good lubricant like a quick detailer. If that gets most of it, get Griot's Garage BOSS Correcting Cream HERE and use an orange pad HERE (I would recommend a 3" if you can) and finish with BOSS Perfecting Cream HERE. This CAN be done by hand but a polisher will be much faster and efficient with better results. If you don't have a polisher that can take a 3" pad, at least get the pad and do it by hand with the pad and a pad holder HERE. It will just take longer and require more elbow grease. I keep these polished on all my VWs and keep them waxed with a solid carnauba to prevent it.

EDIT: I'm not paid by Griot's nor do I work for them, but man I love their stuff.

tmaslove

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Try clay bar and a good lubricant like a quick detailer. If that gets most of it, get Griot's Garage BOSS Correcting Cream HERE and use an orange pad HERE (I would recommend a 3" if you can) and finish with BOSS Perfecting Cream HERE. This CAN be done by hand but a polisher will be much faster and efficient with better results. If you don't have a polisher that can take a 3" pad, at least get the pad and do it by hand with the pad and a pad holder HERE. It will just take longer and require more elbow grease. I keep these polished on all my VWs and keep them waxed with a solid carnauba to prevent it.

EDIT: I'm not paid by Griot's nor do I work for them, but man I love their stuff.
I’ll look into it. Worst case, I’ll lay some wrap on it and call it a day

vdub761

Go Kart Newbie

I have also had good results with Koch Chemie F6 but also with Micro cut M3, & your choice of polishing Pad, but they scratch so easy thinking of trying Ceramic coating but PPF may be the best option once corrected.

Attachments

• BPillarHDR.jpg
    BPillarHDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110

tmaslove

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I have also had good results with Koch Chemie F6 but also with Micro cut M3, & your choice of polishing Pad, but they scratch so easy thinking of trying Ceramic coating but PPF may be the best option once corrected.
Damn. Can I see the before pic? Those look brand spanking new

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I’ll look into the one you recommended. I bought some product advertised on my feed which according to the comments and videos it works well. We’ll see if I got scammed or not lol (sud factory)
Sud Factory has good stuff, but they can be a bit overpriced. Best to wait for sales if you use them. Their water spot remover is amazing on glass though. Used it on my GSW I picked up used that stubborn water spots and they looked new after. Stuff smells like toilet bowl cleaner and might be too abrasive for the trim though.

Edit: The sud factory water spot stuff also works great on shower doors or any glass really.