GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water Pump/Thermo-Housing DIY

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Hi all,
I have been searching the net for a DIY on the water pump and thermostat housing. I have not been able to find one yet for the mk7. Does anyone have a resource, or a guide that they used when they did theirs? Mine is not covered under the recall, and dealers want $800-900 to do the job. I can get the parts from DAP/ECS for under $300... just need a guide on how to do it, unless its as straight forward as pop out, pop in.

Can I use a mk6 guide? Relatively the same procedure? I will try and look for that if I can.

Thanks in advance.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi all,
I have been searching the net for a DIY on the water pump and thermostat housing. I have not been able to find one yet for the mk7. Does anyone have a resource, or a guide that they used when they did theirs? Mine is not covered under the recall, and dealers want $800-900 to do the job. I can get the parts from DAP/ECS for under $300... just need a guide on how to do it, unless its as straight forward as pop out, pop in.

Can I use a mk6 guide? Relatively the same procedure? I will try and look for that if I can.

Thanks in advance.

ERWIN.DE (official VW) website & buy the VW manual...basically pay buy the hr to download the docs....

I totally different procedure to MK6...clean sheet design engine..& the coolant pump is not driven of the timing belt...it has its own belt...

evilhomura89

Passed Driver's Ed
Just thought i'll update this thread with the relevant videos from two very reputable place

Does anyone know if any basic settings/adaptation is required for new thermostat?