GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

water in offside rear light assembly

videoman

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed a while back condensation in the light assembly specifically in the reversing light part. Thought no more about it, as i expected it to evaporate.
This morning i notice actual water sloshing around in there. Huh? how is it even getting in? I guess the weld / glue has gone awry somewhere. Anyone else had this and offer some advice on it? Of course i can buy a new unit i guess, but there must be a lesser expensive way to cure it?

LeviB97

Car(s)
Mrk7 Golf 2.0 TDI GT
I noticed a while back condensation in the light assembly specifically in the reversing light part. Thought no more about it, as i expected it to evaporate.
This morning i notice actual water sloshing around in there. Huh? how is it even getting in? I guess the weld / glue has gone awry somewhere. Anyone else had this and offer some advice on it? Of course i can buy a new unit i guess, but there must be a lesser expensive way to cure it?
I haven't had this issue but I have got a puddle in the near side rear body panel under the light fixing. I believe this is a common issue with these unfortunately. I noticed mine when I cleaned the spare wheel well, it was very damp. I don't know if you want to check yours, may be related may not, worth a try.