GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

water collecting in spare wheel well. Known issue?

isotonic_uk

Hi All

I have a question on my MK7 Golf. I have noticed very recently that there is some leakage in the boot of the car and in the Spare wheel well there is water accumulated there may be a problem with the seals causing rain water to leak in.

I have also had an warning appear on my dashboard for some time which I ignored which was to do with Fault - Vehicle lighting but thinking about it now I think this is related to this water issue.

I am struggling to find where the source of the leak is but when doing a bit of googling I understand this is common on Mk7 Golfs.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can start?

On a seperate note I also want to understand what my car battery levels are currently? Is there a way I can do this via the OBD2 adapter?

Any advice on either issues/questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
any tailgate work ever? any wiring work thru tailgate harnesses? did the hatch interior covers ever come off for any reason?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
There's a vent that could be stuck open. Apparently the tire can spray water at it when open and will fill the boot. If you think it's the hatch itself remove the plastic panel and either have you or someone spray water at it while you're in there. Should be fairly easy to see or feel