GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Watches

Lou Maiuri

Banned
In the $200 range... I say Seiko Monster... It's automatic/ mechanical, it's big and has presence, runs just as accurate as my Omega Seamaster and Omega Planet Ocean, its much more durable than my Seamaster and Planet Ocean.

If you have the money and want a watch that is classic with timeless style, will last forever, and would be a family heirloom to pass down... Get and Omega, Rolex, Panarei, Breitling....

IMHO you can never go wrong with the Omega Seamaster/ Planet Ocean, or Rolex Submariner... Just timeless and it's what Bond wears:)

I'm saving up for the Audemars :lol:

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Seiko SKX007, it was my first "nice" watch. For the price of a Guess with a quartz movement, you can buy a much nicer automatic diver ~$150

Cool thing is they can be customized too.

Seiko's super luminova is one of the brightest:

Panda knows his stuff, Seiko Monsters are great too. Personally I just prefer the look of the 007.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
My watch Its actually much much smaller than what it looks like. Its about 1"-1.5" across:

Attachments

• Watch.JPG
    Watch.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,175

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I love my Citizen watch, was $190 about 3 years ago

I have a Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual A-T watch. It's freakin' gorgeous, doesn't need a battery, gets the time from the atomic clock (so you never have to set the time), has a list of like 20 countries you can set the time to, and its lume effect is stunning at night or in the dark. The face is also made of sapphire crystal so it's nearly impossible to scratch it.

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-CB001...petual/dp/B0045TI4HI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It's around $450-$500, probably less now ($300?), I paid for half of it as the other half was a graduation gift from my mom. I fell in love with the watch the moment I laid my eyes on it at Macy's.

Last edited:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Seiko is great watch for the money....and they are also one of the cheapest "racing" watch brand you can get...

These days I like my tritium lit Nite watches...

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for all the responses!

Looked a bit into the Citizen watches, and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Time to look more into the Rolex and Seiko watches, among others.

If anyone has more suggestions, I would prefer the bracelet style band, as opposed to the strap style band.

Last edited:

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
+1 on Seiko Monster

I have had an Orange Monster for a couple of years. It is built like a brick shit house....super heavy...including the band...don't know weight vs. Rolex Submariner but you can look that up...I would guess it is heavier...read the reviews....

Amazon....$209.

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SKX781-...46349584&sr=8-1&keywords=Seiko+Orange+Monster

You can afford to buy this and something else...absolutely the most watch you can buy for $200, IMHO. It won't be as perfectly reliable as a quartz movement or $5K Swiss automatic, but people ask me about it all the time and I love putting it on every morning.

This watch is also available with a black face....the "Black Monster"....

techchallenger

Passed Driver's Ed
In the $200 range... I say Seiko Monster... It's automatic/ mechanical, it's big and has presence, runs just as accurate as my Omega Seamaster and Omega Planet Ocean, its much more durable than my Seamaster and Planet Ocean.

If you have the money and want a watch that is classic with timeless style, will last forever, and would be a family heirloom to pass down... Get and Omega, Rolex, Panarei, Breitling....

IMHO you can never go wrong with the Omega Seamaster/ Planet Ocean, or Rolex Submariner... Just timeless and it's what Bond wears:)

This guy is steering you in the right direction. In your price range I would get an automatic Seiko. You can find great deals on authentic watches at thewatchery.com.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
How big is it diameter-wise?

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Looks like I have a bit of watch research to do.

This guy is steering you in the right direction. In your price range I would get an automatic Seiko. You can find great deals on authentic watches at thewatchery.com.

Some crazy deals on that site, can anyone else vouch for the legitimacy of thewatchery.com?

Last edited:

nik

Go Kart Champion
This is my baby...though mine is steel grey and doesn't have the "decoder ring" Got it because I loved the dash inspired layout.

My crap work watch was this kinetic timex. Was pretty good but fell 5 minutes behind every few weeks..plus if you don't wear it for 2 days it would die. I bought it for the partial skeleton view. I'd go skeleton watch, those things are bad ass

http://www.tp178.com/mh/div_pics/Timex-Sport-Luxury.jpg