GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate actuator

LimestonegolfR

Sup guys,
Question about the wastegate actuator. My charge pressure actuator acknowledgement reads 3.955V via OBD11. Should I lower it to 3.55V? I’ve read it should read 3.5-3.7V and mines a bit high. I’ve been getting some fast flutter noise under load and I’m trying to see what the issue is. Idk if lowering this voltage could help as I’ve heard it could be wastegate flutter. Is there any issues with the voltage running higher? Thanks for your input in advance.

Attachments

• 3B1CA119-233A-4095-AF45-E2B0C6A2823D.png
    3B1CA119-233A-4095-AF45-E2B0C6A2823D.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 128

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Are you tuned? Did you ever touch the actuator rod before? Flutter noise is from the diverter valve.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Ok, don't touch it. I'd put the stock DV back in but that's just my suggestion.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. There’s a wide range of acceptable voltages, where it’s at is fine. @LimestonegolfR If you want reassurance, contact IE and ask them what they recommend.
Everything I've read says 3.4 to 3.6 V. I don't know if the OP 's being at almost 4V is causing a problem. I guess I'm picky about having things in spec.

LimestonegolfR

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. There’s a wide range of acceptable voltages, where it’s at is fine. @LimestonegolfR If you want reassurance, contact IE and ask them what they recommend.

Yep, I don’t want to go around tinkering with things unless I know it’s the problem. Just trying to hone in on the flutter issue, which I’m thinking it’s just normal DV flutter. If anyone has any experience that the higher voltage could be harmful then I’m all ears, but I haven’t read anywhere that it is or isn’t. But I’ll put the stock DV back in this weekend and see if that changes anything

LimestonegolfR

IS38 compressor surge. Some tunes are worse than others when it comes to surge.

Ive read it could be this too. At this point I don’t know what to believe. Seems that a lot of people hear this flutter under load. Don’t really want to take it to a shop because I don’t feel any loss of power and my boost holds steady.

VAG_Guy

Passed Driver's Ed
Before i adjust a wastegate I would check to see where my actual and requested boost range is and duty cycle. If the graphs line up on actual and requested, I'd leave it.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Take out the GFB DV first and go back to stock. See if it solves the issue.

LimestonegolfR

Before i adjust a wastegate I would check to see where my actual and requested boost range is and duty cycle. If the graphs line up on actual and requested, I'd leave it.
Can I check these via obd11? What are they called specifically? I take it it’s in live data under engine module?