GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate Actuator Adjustment

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
bottom left corner show measuring data. type in charge in new widow. pick the ones you want
Oh sweet! Thanks for that. I'll have to give it a shot in the morning, the car is too hot to try to take off the dp before it gets dark. I took it on another drive, it didn't throw the EPC until I was on an incline. It dropped to 0.55v according to Cobb but didn't throw it then.

Last edited:

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Oh sweet! Thanks for that. I'll have to give it a shot in the morning, the car is too hot to try to take off the dp before it gets dark. I took it on another drive, it didn't throw the EPC until I was on an incline. It dropped to 0.55v according to Cobb but didn't throw it then
I cleared the codes, reset the voltage to 3.61v, ran the adaptation successfully and then it read 3.64v. I then proceeded to run the stop ends test, popped off the dp and the acknowledgment voltage went to 0.688 with the flapper open, it stayed at that voltage for about 20 seconds and then suddenly dropped to 0.64 and closed the flapper while it read "Aborted- Safety reasons".

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I cleared the codes, reset the voltage to 3.61v, ran the adaptation successfully and then it read 3.64v. I then proceeded to run the stop ends test, popped off the dp and the acknowledgment voltage went to 0.688 with the flapper open, it stayed at that voltage for about 20 seconds and then suddenly dropped to 0.64 and closed the flapper while it read "Aborted- Safety reasons".
If the test ran correctly should it close the flapper almost immediately after it opened? I can try holding it closed just to see what the voltage would be or is that a no no?

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It's still not closing during the test. It just makes the noise from the wastegate and will keep running until I manually select stop. The flapper was completely shut before I ran it, no movement what so ever.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It's still not closing during the test. It just makes the noise from the wastegate and will keep running until I manually select stop. The flapper was completely shut before I ran it, no movement what so ever.
Should the upper stop and the lower stop voltage be almost identical while running the test? Just ran it a second time after cycling the key, still is not closing and is aborting after running for about 30 seconds

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Clear all codes
pull up adaptation first setting and see voltage data
manually move wastegate arm linkage so it reads 2.1x volts, it's tight but it moves
run end stops test, pull up upper and lower and charge pressure acknolwdgement to see voltage data
see if it hits 3.5x V, doesnt need to run full test, abort wwhen it goes to look at lower voltage
cycle key off
cycle vcds

clear codes
manually move wastegate arm linkage so it reads 2.1x volts, it's tight but it moves
adjust rod (tighter=lower, looser=higher) to get closer to 3.5
run end stops test,pull up upper and lower and charge pressure acknolwdgement to see voltage data
see if it hits 3.5x V, doesnt need to run full test, abort when it goes to look at lower voltage
cycle key off
cycle vcds

lather rinse repeat

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Clear all codes
run end stops test, pull up upper and lower and charge pressure acknolwdgement to see voltage data
see if it hits 3.5x V, doesnt need to run full test, abort wwhen it goes to look at lower voltage
cycle key off
cycle vcds

clear codes
adjust rod (tighter=lower, looser=higher) to get closer to 3.5
run end stops test,pull up upper and lower and charge pressure acknolwdgement to see voltage data
see if it hits 3.5x V, doesnt need to run full test, abort when it goes to look at lower voltage
cycle key off
cycle vcds

lather rinse repeat
Okay thank you man, I'll give that a shot. When you say adaptation do you mean pulling up the acknowledgment voltage or the tab I have the mouse hovering over pictured below?

Attachments

• 20210923_133737.jpg
    20210923_133737.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
my car seems to be happy if i move it to 2.1xv and then hit accept to accept that voltage. then go to on to the end stops test window and run that test
I'm under the car right now, currently sitting at 2.9 v. What do you mean by accepting it, run the adaptation?

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
go into first adaptation (the one that sets voltage). grab that whole arm and move it til it hits 2.1. and hit GO. it should immediately say accepted.
I got it down to 2.13v, tighten it and it settled at 2.173v. I tried to run adaptation but it aborted immediately. I'll try restarting VCDS and see if any codes came up to clear first