matrix1867

Car(s)
Golf MK7
This is what it looks like when I screw it in by hand a far as I can
IMG_20210515_152812.jpg

matrix1867

Car(s)
Golf MK7
If I'm screwing the rod into the arm, clockwise if you were facing right from the picture, would that decrease or increase voltage? As in, less threads more voltage or less, or does none of that matter..

That actuator rod I can spin none stop if it's detached. There's no 'stopping point' on the rod connected to the actuator itself is there?

I can get it to show 10 threads or so, then what's the next step

matrix1867

Car(s)
Golf MK7
I'm going to try to run the basic settings test and see live data after with the obd11. Maybe the test can run simultaneously with the live data but it doesn't look like the obd11 lets me do that. I might be limited to only one at a time.. I'd rather have the interface of the VCDS but unfortunately this is all I have to work with.

matrix1867

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Well it doesn't matter what I'm using because the test won't initiate,

Exited due to reasons of safety.

Looking like I need to try a new actuator.. otherwise I don't see why voltage would stay the same no matter what I try

To add to this, the waste gate does move freely, I can feel it shutting, however I have not popped off the down pipe to see it directly.

Also when I drove the car at the time I first encountered this problem the EPC light was on and it would not build boost. I can hear the release of pressure because I have an atmospheric release valve installed and also an analog boost gauge to see it builds up to 0 from vacuum but not much if at all beyond that.

I want to add as much information as possible because it seems like there was limited research available trying to figure this out. I stumbled upon this thread specifically because the op was experiencing that same unchanging voltage problem I am

Last edited:

matrix1867

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Same result, exited due to safety reasons.

I've seen that other's experience is voltage needs to be below 4 at least for the adaptation to run, and I can't get it there no matter what I try

matrix1867

Car(s)
Golf MK7
I will do that and post results. From what I can see below the car I believe I can swap it out without having to remove the turbo.. although I've heard that is not the case. To me it seems straight forward