GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate Actuator Adjustment

colt933

I'm trying to set the voltage for the IS20 style wastegate actuator on a DTR6054 turbo, on the bench, and even with the rod jammed in as far as it will go into the actuator, and not even hooked up to the wastegate, the highest voltage I can get is around 3.0v. When the rod is attached to the WG, I can only read about 2.8v when forcing the WG closed, regardless of the length of the actuator rod.

I'm using a USB power supply and a cut USB cable to supply the 5v, following the method shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41mRzf5HZpQ&t=183s

Interwebs says it should be up to 3.5.

Is this going to be a problem, or will it clear up when actually installed on the car and try to do the adaptation?

Or is my WG actuator faulty?

TIA

tehfalcon

I'm trying to set the voltage for the IS20 style wastegate actuator on a DTR6054 turbo, on the bench, and even with the rod jammed in as far as it will go into the actuator, and not even hooked up to the wastegate, the highest voltage I can get is around 3.0v. When the rod is attached to the WG, I can only read about 2.8v when forcing the WG closed, regardless of the length of the actuator rod.

I'm using a USB power supply and a cut USB cable to supply the 5v, following the method shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41mRzf5HZpQ&t=183s

Is this going to be a problem, or will it clear up when actually installed on the car and try to do the adaptation?

TIA
get an is38 wastegate actuator, I never could get the is20 one to work correctly on the DTR

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion

TIA
I found bench setting the WG to be a waste of time. I think it has something to do with the USB power supply used, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I though I had it benched at 3.6v only to find out it was waaaay off after installed in the car. The only reliable way to do it is if its connected to the car. See my thread here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-i-adjusted-an-is20-wg-with-cobb-ap.395765/

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Hello, I am working on debugging p2563. IS12 turbo. Started a month ago on cold start. Now that I've tried my hand at adjusting voltage, I'm struggling to adjust things and I'm bouncing between reads of approx 3.0 or 4.5.

Can't seem to move it much in between.

Can anyone comment on the sensitivity of the adjustment rod? Can it go from 3.0 to 4.5 with just a half turn?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
the cooper gate dosent work like the mahle. fire it up and let it set idle, shouldnt a take but a few secs. gate will be fully shut. note voltage. turn motor off, adjust rod to target 3.6v the necessary turns to do so. ignore voltage when motor is off it wont register correctly. fire it up again and check voltage. lather rinse repeat. be careful the DP gets hot fast, dont burn your arm.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
the cooper gate dosent work like the mahle. fire it up and let it set idle, shouldnt a take but a few secs. gate will be fully shut. note voltage. turn motor off, adjust rod to target 3.6v the necessary turns to do so. ignore voltage when motor is off it wont register correctly. fire it up again and check voltage. lather rinse repeat. be careful the DP gets hot fast, dont burn your arm.
Thank you will try more this week.