GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate actuator adjustment

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm getting the L380 turbo from Littco and there is a delay because he doesn't have any actuators in stock. He recommended that I install my actuator from my IS20 turbo. How does one know if it's adjusted properly? I've watched several videos on adjusting it but none of them tell you how to know if it's adjusted properly. Only how to adjust it.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
You'll need VCDS or something comparable. You'll need to set the waste gate at 3.6Volts. Its important that its adjusted properly.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I would ask Dan Little directly. He's probably the most knowledgeable resource when it comes to properly setting the actuator.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You'll need VCDS or something comparable. You'll need to set the waste gate at 3.6Volts. Its important that its adjusted properly.

Is using VCDS the only way to set it to 3.6 volts? How do you know the actuator is adjusted properly? Can I use the actuator from my IS20 and just install it on the Littco L380. The actuator from my IS20 is the proper voltage and works fine but I thought that the adjusting nuts would need to be adjusted for a different turbo.That's what Littco recommended.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I would ask Dan Little directly. He's probably the most knowledgeable resource when it comes to properly setting the actuator.

Dan is very slow to respond and doesn't answer a question completely. Every response I finally get from him just brings up additional questions and it"s taking far too long just to place my order. The L380 doesn't even appear on his website in spite of him saying that he has it in stock. I originally wanted the IS38X, which is really the L380X, but he is sold out and doesn't know when he'll have more. He said that every batch he makes sells out right away but he's in no hurry to build more. That makes no sense to me.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
You need vcds to read the voltage, otherwise it is a crap shoot.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You need vcds to read the voltage, otherwise it is a crap shoot.

Correct, you will need VCDS or OBDeleven to run the adaptation process and you can use your stock one but then if you try to sell your stock turbo, nobody might buy it without the WG. You can always get a WG from Mamba on Ebay.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Correct, you will need VCDS or OBDeleven to run the adaptation process and you can use your stock one but then if you try to sell your stock turbo, nobody might buy it without the WG. You can always get a WG from Mamba on Ebay.

Dan installed the IS20 actuator that he had so I won't have to use the one from my IS20. I still don't know why it supposedly works better on the IS38 instead of an IS38 actuator but that's what he said.