Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R

Attachments

• 20210226_221034.jpg
    20210226_221034.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 71

codypka

Go Kart Champion
The GM version of this part is available via Amazon prime for ~$9.50 in case anyone is wondering. The BMW dealer ship wanted $9.50 plus $8.00 shipping.

Repair will be on next weekends to-do list

Last edited:

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
Sorry to revive this thread, but is that because they want the fluid to drain out so it wouldn't freeze and expand during the cold months? I do hate the water stream going down the entire backside of the car but I am not sure if it is the best to have fluid in the line, much less to have to replace it. I also hope this may help yall find ways to prevent the line from cracking because I would worry about it. My dad had a car with the washer nozzles in the wipers and they froze over a lot, I don't remember if they split or cracked.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I think the other 1% is why dad had issues
According to my son, and to more extent my wife, Dad has WAY more issues than 1% :ROFLMAO:.

FWIW, used aquarium tubing check valve that cost a buck for my old MK6 and nary an issue. Well, except all my others ;).

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Mine started acting up again. I haven't used it or the fronts at all lately either and I just detailed the car, so it isn't older. I am not sure why it decided to start leaking again. I am tempted to source a new nozzle, as I have read there was an updated part to control this, but I am not that worried about it currently.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Sometimes they leak more in warm/hot weather due to fluid expansion pushing past a weak check valve.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Since I never use the rear washer, I superglued the nozzle shut.