GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Washer fluid streaming down rear window

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Here's what's been happening to me lately. Pull the stalk back to spray the windshield with wiper fluid. No problems up front, seems to work perfectly fine. But along with the fluid spraying on the windshield I'm getting a stream of fluid coming out the rear window sprayer. No just a couple drops, but a nice little stream of it. Enough to run all the way down the window and end up on the bumper. Before I rip open the hatch assembly and look inside does anyone have some pro tips for fixing this?

It's a 2017 Autubahn, no longer under B to B warranty

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
1614185066207.png

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Reactions: krs

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
This was a common problem on MK6's, my MK6 had it too.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I just bought a check valve to fix this. I have yet to install it. From the posts I’ve seen they’re placing the valve too far from the nozzle and it still leaks. I am going to try and butt mine against the nozzle so there’s no excess between the nozzle and valve.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I just bought a check valve to fix this. I have yet to install it. From the posts I’ve seen they’re placing the valve too far from the nozzle and it still leaks. I am going to try and butt mine against the nozzle so there’s no excess between the nozzle and valve.
Do you mind sharing the part you bought?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
It's the rear so he might need a Proctologist :unsure:

Maybe somebodies spiking his food/drink with laxatives???.....liquid fart is no joke!!....

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
The GM part looks very close to the Mini one and it's within ~$1 in price. I like that the Mini one has an arrow on the top indicating fluid direction. Not sure from the pics if the GM one has something similar

The only thing I think I did differently from the OP on the Vortex thread referenced above was I omitted the two VW hose adapters (1J0955875R) as I balked at their cost and didn't feel they were necessary. My hatch has been piss free for months now.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
The GM part looks very close to the Mini one and it's within ~$1 in price. I like that the Mini one has an arrow on the top indicating fluid direction. Not sure from the pics if the GM one has something similar

The only thing I think I did differently from the OP on the Vortex thread referenced above was I omitted the two VW hose adapters (1J0955875R) as I balked at their cost and didn't feel they were necessary. My hatch has been piss free for months now.
The GM one does not, I thought that was cheap? Lazy? Weird? I just blew through mine and marked it. I am going to insert it in the hose, the adapters are to me superfluous and another point to fail.

Off topic, how did you get the clickable link in your sig?