GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warranty Repair? - Actuator Solenoid

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
Currently at 35,900mi on my 2016 GTI, decided to pay for an Indy to look over my car before the basic warranty expires. Good thing they found an active coolant leak from the water pump which was pretty obvious. However, they also found an oil leak, this is what the tech put in the report:

"Noted turbo electric actuator solenoid sweating - recommend monitor".

Just left the car at the dealer to have the coolant leak repaired, but the SA wasn't much concerned with the other actuator issue. Is this something that needs to be repaired now before my warranty expires? or is this sweating thing a common issue that is not that concerning?

Want to be ready before the VW SA calls back with what they found. I get a feeling that they will say that it's not an active leak or something just not to authorize the repair. Appreciate your insights on this.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 202
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 167

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick update.

Turned out to be an oil leak from Turbo. They will replace Turbo assembly, necessary hardware, coolant, LOF

The leak turned out to be leaking thermostat housing. They will replace the Thermostat, water pump gasket, and union piece. Weird that they say the WP is good and won't replace.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Quick update.

Turned out to be an oil leak from Turbo. They will replace Turbo assembly, necessary hardware, coolant, LOF

The leak turned out to be leaking thermostat housing. They will replace the Thermostat, water pump gasket, and union piece. Weird that they say the WP is good and won't replace.

Everybody I know that has a GTI or TSI has had that coolant leak including me. Amazing after all these years and VW can't get that part right.