GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warning, OIL STARVATION

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yeah, his first APR unit leaked a little bit. They sent a replacement, but the included hardware wasn't right (countersunk holes in the plate but supplied regular style bolts/screws?).

Seems they are having some initial QC issues, but performance wise it seems to be working great for him and others. It basically doubles the venting capacity and doesn't force oil out of the cyl head constantly.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, his first APR unit leaked a little bit. They sent a replacement, but the included hardware wasn't right (countersunk holes in the plate but supplied regular style bolts/screws?).

Seems they are having some initial QC issues, but performance wise it seems to be working great for him and others. It basically doubles the venting capacity and doesn't force oil out of the cyl head constantly.
Sounds like APR has Creed Bratton on the case.

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
I loose about 0.3 L maximum from my catch after 1 hour on track.
Which one? The new APR or a different model? Seems like Racingline is the most popular but just gathers surge oil in the CC instead of dropping it back into the pan.

Last edited:

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Which one? The new APR or a different model? Seems like Racingline is the most popular but just gathers surge oil in the CC instead of dropping it back into the pan.
I have the BFI, it retains the factory PCV plate. It only comes into play when the factory PCV is overwhelmed.