GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warning lights

Linz

Car(s)
VW Golf SV 1.6 Se Td
Hi all,

I've looked up Forums many times for help in the past but this is my first time posting so apologies if this is in the wrong place etc.

I have a 2014 Golf SV and on the way home at the weekend a whole host of warning lights came up on the dash - ABS, ESC, TPMS being the main ones. The auto start/stop has stopped working, as has the auto handbrake. The car is still drivable, though hill starts are entertaining. Dealer wants £114 just to plug it in and diagnose the fault.
We've had this before and it was a bad wheel sensor, so I'm assuming another one has now gone. I've watched a couple of YouTube vids and replacement seems straightforward, but what about the codes in the system? Will they automatically clear once the sensor is replaced, and is there any way to tell which sensor has gone without proper diagnostic equipment?
I'm thinking this might be the time to invest in a diagnostic tool, so what is recommended for a DIY user? I'm fairly competent mechanically, but a complete Luddite where technology is concerned.
Any suggestions/guidance much appreciated, thanks

Linz

Car(s)
VW Golf SV 1.6 Se Td
Hi, thanks for your reply. Battery is the original, so 6 years old now, but I put a meter across it this evening and readings look ok - 12.4v with ignition off and no load, 14.7-14.8v with the engine running

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
You're going to need a new battery anyways. Six years is amazing to me. Id start with that. I got 3 out of my factory one in FL.