GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

warning lights

M3LV

Passed Driver's Ed
I just purchased a 2019 GTI. I was idling in a parking spot and one by one all the fault codes began to go off one by one, from ABS, to ESC, to Seatbelt, and on and on. THE CAR WAS RUNNING AND NEVER MISSED A BEAT WHEN THIS HAPPENED. Sorry hit caps lock. My initial response was to head to the dealer as the car has 400 miles on it. On the way to the local dealer, all the codes went away. It was lunch time, dealer was booked and asked I come back another time. I recently bought a VCDS cable and ran a scan. I had all the fault codes show up and read somewhere this could be a possible response to a faulty wheel sensor. One of the faults cited the right rear wheel sensor. I am now at around 1100 miles and the issue has never returned. I made a second attempt to visit a dealer on a slow day and again was told they were too busy. My nearest dealer is not impressive and the other two are a 2hr round trip. I work outside sales and the car is my DD. Sorry to ramble, just giving background. The short is as its a 2019 with 6yr warranty, should I clear codes and see what happens since the issue never repeated or leave them and schedule an appointment to have the dealer note the issue? I only ask as I bought it new and have a ton of warranty left should the issue repeat itself. Anyone else experience this on a low mile car?

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Since this is a very new car, I would recommend saving or printing the scan showing all the faults that have occurred and when, then clear the faults and continue to drive the car. If the faults come back then ran the scan again, but this time make an appointment and take it in. I would also at this time call the dealer and talk to a specific service advisor, getting him name, and make him aware of what has happened and what you have done and that you will bring it in if it happens again. Hopefully if it happens again the warning lights will stay on until they can check it out otherwise it may be hard to find or they will just replace parts,, but the car is under warranty. It could be that just some debris was caught in the RR wheel sensor and then it dislodged.

M3LV

Passed Driver's Ed
I left the codes and didn't clear them. Just had the stalling issue with my vehicle so I need to go to the dealer for a software update. Hopefully I can put all this shit to bed. I ended up in my 2019 as a result of an accident and insurance declaring my 2016 as a total loss. I just want to drive and enjoy it, I'm over this shit. Lol

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Don't clear em. My dealer didn't want to help me with screen shots of codes. Made me wait till it happened again. Id make an appointment and have them give you a loaner. Contact vw corporate if they still give you a hard time. They'll step in.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I'd think the esc and abs lights were isolated then wheel speed sensor fault. But the others included are odd. Bcm issue?