GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to buy wheels and tires

Mojeaux

Car(s)
Stage 2 MK7 GTI
Wanting to buy a new set of wheels tires. I have a MK7 with performance package and no additional suspension upgrades.
Looking at Konig runlite with 18x8.5 et45 with continental extreme contacts in 235/40/R18 or 245/40/R18.
Will this rub or fit in the wheel well? Will it be flush? Should I purchase spacers as well? If so what size? Also I know I should replace the wheel bolts, so any suggestions?? I’m sure that’s gonna be determined by the requirement of spacers or not.
Thanks for any advice

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2019 GLI
Tire Rack has always been my source for wheels, tires, technical info, sizing, etc. Can’t imagine anyone with more data and competitive pricing as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Discount Tires is my choice because of the physical locations and the free lifetime balancing and rotation if you get the certificates.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You get free lifetime balancing and rotations (automatically) just when you buy tires from them

The certificates are for repair, refund or replacement
Is that new? They used to charge for balancing and rotation without the certificates?

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Wanting to buy a new set of wheels tires. I have a MK7 with performance package and no additional suspension upgrades.
Looking at Konig runlite with 18x8.5 et45 with continental extreme contacts in 235/40/R18 or 245/40/R18.
Will this rub or fit in the wheel well? Will it be flush? Should I purchase spacers as well? If so what size? Also I know I should replace the wheel bolts, so any suggestions?? I’m sure that’s gonna be determined by the requirement of spacers or not.
Thanks for any advice

I have different wheels with the same specs, and 235's. The pic is my avatar. It's an OEM+ look, pretty much flush in the front and maybe a little tuck in the back. No rubbing whatsoever.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Discount Tires is my choice because of the physical locations and the free lifetime balancing and rotation if you get the certificates.
Is that new? They used to charge for balancing and rotation without the certificates?
They always charged for installation and life of tire maintenance. The certs are just for replacement. Repairs are free for all... This is from the wheel I bought last week. I looked at the receipt from my last 3 tire purchases and the charge is there as well.

Check your receipts, they started emailing them after mid 2017.

Capture.JPG

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
If you're referring to flush with the fenders, there are packaged flush spacer kits you can buy. Mine was 15mm front, 20mm rear. This obviously will not remove the wheel gap though. That would require a drop. I am on OEM wheels/tires though so the flush kit works out pretty well. If you were to go with an offset, it might rub. Thus far, I do not rub in turns but also appear to have the fenders rolled in the front so that probably helps. I do hit on hard bumps in road if I don't take them slow.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
No...always been like that
They always charged for installation and life of tire maintenance. The certs are just for replacement. Repairs are free for all... This is from the wheel I bought last week. I looked at the receipt from my last 3 tire purchases and the charge is there as well.

Check your receipts, they started emailing them after mid 2017.

View attachment 226014
I edited the post.....but yeah, you get the free rotation and balance when you have them "installed" (it's all inclusive when you pay for the install)

I just assumed that most people had them install the tires too if you were buying them from them, lol

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I just assumed that most people had them install the tires too if you were buying them from them, lol
I would too... unless you can get them installed for free somewhere else. I don't mind paying for the install, they price match, even the prices on DiscountTireDirect, which are always lower. I just got 4 Yokohama Advan V601 245/40/18 for $124 ea and a set of Motegi MR147 for $200 ea. with price match and rebates. And I use their Synchrony card, so no money out of pocket and interest free for 12 months.