GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to buy 2021 Autobahn, need some guidance

boratstrong

Thank you all in advance.

Would like to get 2021 Autobahn in Blue Iron or White Silver, DSG before they are all gone.

The price is roughly $39,000 (with delivery fee, mirror and mats)

Do you think it is realistic to offer $33,000 (before tax and fees).

I bought my 2017 Sport, 6-speed in September 2016 for 25K so it is hard for me to stomach paying more then 33K

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You can certainly offer that price but I'm sure you'll get turned down. Supply is too limited right now. When you bought your current car the situation was very different.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Find out how long it’s been sitting first. I started negotiations on my 2020 autobahn at 30k

I knew I wasn’t gonna get it for 30k. But after a lot of back and forth I was hoping to end around 35k. Instead negotiations ended with me taking the car at 32k. This was Aug 2020. There’s some kind of shortage now. And if that dealership doesn’t have much stock, I’d wait a bit if possible

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
... Would like to get 2021 Autobahn in Blue Iron or White Silver, DSG before they are all gone. ...

You might want to check Autotrader.com or Cars.com and Cargurus.com to see what's out there for you to choose from. That might give you an edge when negotiating.

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
Check around i know the SE’s are hovering around low 30’s with tax, title, licensing, etc, etc. shooting for 32 is definitely realistic.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
$5,000 off MSRP is definitely feasible, and asking $6K off is not unreasonable.

However, I've found that the best way to shop the lowest price is to have the dealers bid against each other instead of asking for a specific price. If you can find multiple dealers in your area with the GTI in same trim level, options, and color you want, ask them for their best OTD (Out The Door) price. By asking the OTD price, you can make sure any shady/questionable costs are accounted for.

I'm up front with the dealers and say I'm looking for an OTD price and will be comparing multiple offers. With GTI's in fairly low supply now but also not a high volume seller, it's not like GTIs are selling quickly - most arrived on the dealer lots 2-3 months ago. VW sold over 27,000 Tiguans in Q1, but only about 2,600 GTIs. The VW dealers aren't holding out for high prices on GTIs like they might the Golf R. Also, they know the MK8 GTIs will be coming out later this year.

Cars.com is a good site to find out which dealers have what cars available. I've also just checked the websites of the closest dealerships. Inventories are generally up to date so that way you don't have to call them directly - research up front.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Thank you all in advance.

Would like to get 2021 Autobahn in Blue Iron or White Silver, DSG before they are all gone.

The price is roughly $39,000 (with delivery fee, mirror and mats)

Do you think it is realistic to offer $33,000 (before tax and fees).

I bought my 2017 Sport, 6-speed in September 2016 for 25K so it is hard for me to stomach paying more then 33K

Notice one for $35,000 which had discounts to reach this.
Offer, negotiate. Money talks.

White Silver my pick.