GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want, no need, to get back in the game

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
It’s little?
More like, it's good and reliable past 150K. With the exception of my former GTI and current Sportwagen, I kept my last 3 cars past 200K. 1995 Golf sport sold at 204K, 2000 Frontier sold at 202K, 2008 Honda Fit sold at 203K. The Fit is the best car I have ever owned. It was insane reliable but SO SLOW. My goal for my next GTI is to keep it past 200K as well. Maybe I'm crazy but i think it's possible.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yeah, a little bit. I don't really know much about them and don't have a ton of time to educate myself on common problems, etc. A friend has one and loves it, just not sure it's something I want to keep for 5+ years. Thoughts?
Tbh it's been a few years since I really looked into them. I only remember there being a problem with the clutches needing replacement on early model years. There's not many cars that come to mind that I would buy used and drive daily for 5+ years. If I was going to buy a used <12k car as a daily it would probably be a lexus for a cruiser or a g37 for something sportier...but 5 years would probably be the longest I would keep either

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ahh, tempting, but i gotta have MT!
Ah true! The main reason i had to buy a different car lol. Good luck with finding something dude! Lemme know what you find.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Also no Android Auto/CarPlay in 2015's.
True. For better or worse it's one of the biggest problems I have with the '15. I loved it in my 2016 but the MIBii was so quirky sometimes that i would just turn it off. Still, it's much easier on my 45 year old eyes to follow Google Maps on the infotainment instead of my phone.

Emailed the RI guy, will keep everyone posted. The fly and drive is 13 hours if it worked out. Will also consider shipping.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
The search is over! My personal unicorn car popped up today and I pulled the trigger. 2016 S, 6sp, 67K, Pure White, PP, LP, Plaid interior. I believe this is the same spec as the 2017 Sport without Kessy? One owner, ordered it from the factory to get that spec, super OCD about maintenance and knows every little bit about the car. Best part is he is quasi local and meeting me a few hours away. Pretty excited.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The search is over! My personal unicorn car popped up today and I pulled the trigger. 2016 S, 6sp, 67K, Pure White, PP, LP, Plaid interior. I believe this is the same spec as the 2017 Sport without Kessy? One owner, ordered it from the factory to get that spec, super OCD about maintenance and knows every little bit about the car. Best part is he is quasi local and meeting me a few hours away. Pretty excited.

Congratulations. Nice find.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Good luck
Thanks for the heads up on the car in RI. Turns out it has an APR stage 1 tune and a DKM single mass flywheel clutch on it as well. I wasn't super excited about the clutch and then the car i ended up buying popped up. Still, heck of a deal on it.