GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want, no need, to get back in the game

Flippy

Ready to race!
Too bad you're on the other side of the country otherwise I'd sell you my 82k mile MK6 and you'd have enough money left over to do all the mods you wanted.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I agree. The number of cylinders is irrelevant for how long an engine will last. Just wrong for so many reasons.

And all the while, I thought V12’s last 3 times longer than 4cyl motors.

Isn’t that why Lambo and Ferrari use them?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
And all the while, I thought V12’s last 3 times longer than 4cyl motors.

Isn’t that why Lambo and Ferrari use them?

And Jaguar, the standard for longevity and reliability!

Op: you’re looking at bottom of the barrel for prices in a highly mass produced model. You don’t need to settle for junk because you want to be cheap.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
And Jaguar, the standard for longevity and reliability!

Op: you’re looking at bottom of the barrel for prices in a highly mass produced model. You don’t need to settle for junk because you want to be cheap.

I get what you're saying, but just because I'm shopping used GTI's in the $12K price range doesn't mean they are junk. You don't have to spend $17K to get a nice used car.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I get what you're saying, but just because I'm shopping used GTI's in the $12K price range doesn't mean they are junk. You don't have to spend $17K to get a nice used car.
I would say, just don’t jump into anything. Find a car that has all the records, preferably hasn’t been tuned (though that shouldn’t be a deal breaker), etc. worst thing to do is rush into something

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Hey dude! I do also have my mk6 that may be for sale. Its white, 2012, 80k miles, k04 and boltons. :)

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I know the interior is shit but have you considered a Fiesta ST?

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
I know the interior is shit but have you considered a Fiesta ST?
Yeah, a little bit. I don't really know much about them and don't have a ton of time to educate myself on common problems, etc. A friend has one and loves it, just not sure it's something I want to keep for 5+ years. Thoughts?