GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWs In The Valley 9 - September 17th and 18th, 2021 at Maggie Valley, NC

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Just a heads up that VWs In The Valley 9 will he held September 17th and 18th, 2021 at Maggie Valley, NC as sponsored by the VW Air Cooled Association. Spectators weekend pass is $10. My wife and I go most every year and there's much to be seen from all VW eras, old and new.

It's not the Destination. It's how you get there.

Details at VWs In The Valley 2021

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Is it pretty much all air cooled?

It used to be, but in the last several years the show has attracted an increasing number of newer (water cooled) models. It's not a gigantic show, but I'd guess that maybe a dozen to two dozen are water cooled.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Plus Maggie Valley is a freakin BEAUTIFUL place to be in September. Or just about anytime really ;). There is a really cool motorcycle museum (Wheels Through Time) nearby, a must see.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone here attend Cars and Coffee in Columbia? It's been many years since I last went and I see that it's since moved to Harbison. Wondering if there are any VWs to be found there.

It's sad that the annual car shows at Elgin, SC (in March) and at Columbia (in May at Spring Valley High School) are no more, though I did see a new show coming on Saturday, May 22nd (11:00 AM - 3:00 PM) in Lexington, SC at 109 Old Chapin Road -- the Lexington Imports Car Show. Domestic cars are welcome too.

Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I know CoVid has really put a crimp in the GTGs, but C&C of the Upstate is still active. Next event is a combo C&C and BMWCCA food drive event on Saturday March 27 at the BMWCCA Museum in Greer (not far from current venue for C&C at Michelin NA HQ).

I might have to show up in the Felon Taxi as I'm working that day :confused:.