GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWs In The Valley 2020 - Maggie Valley, NC - MK5 Fahrenheit Edition

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
My wife and I went to VWs In The Valley 2020 at Maggie Valley, NC today and had a fine time. The show was very well attended and it attracted all kinds of VWs and eras, plus parts sellers. One of my favorite GTIs is the 2007 MK5 Fahrenheit Edition and I caught one there. I'm an old skool guy and so enjoyed seeing this one as delivered with the factory wheels and paint. Just a beautiful car.

2020-09-16 001 Maggie Valley NC - for upload.jpg

Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Dang, I missed it! Weather was nice too I bet. What a nice Farenheit. Wish VW would bring back some of those colors.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
The weather was overcast, but cool and comfortable. We'd been to the show in previous years and this year's turnout was much larger than we'd ever seen. Nice to see so many VW enthusiasts show up.

Saw this MK1 GTI, recently found in Saskatchewan and trailered south to its new home in western NC. I learned that it was owned by a Tech at a VW shop, so had received excellent care throughout. New owner says it runs great. He trailered it home just to play it safe.

2020-09-19 006 Maggie Valley NC - for upload.jpg

2020-09-19 007 Maggie Valley NC - for upload.jpg

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Just a heads up that the 2021 South Carolina International Auto Show will be held in Greenville, May 14 - 16. Unfortunately, VW doesn't how as an Exhibitor, nor BMW which is inexplicable given the show's location so close to their plant.

Car Show Exhibitor Floor PLan

The 2021 Charlotte Auto Show is scheduled for November 18-21.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Greenville show has not had VW, Audi, BMW, MB, or any other Euro offerings for quite some time. Mostly Domestic and Asian makers. Show has gotten bigger over the years with lots of vendors and other "stuff". Still, kinda weak compared to the big US shows. Still, with all the cabin fever, its something to do car related.