GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW's emission scandal over the TDI engines

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
UK drivers to sue Volkswagen for billions
http://dailym.ai/1OveNNO#i-90cd41d64af26d39

I wonder if that is for people who own the car.. What about if you have the car on finance.

Actually in Classic Faily Mail style, this states that under UK law drivers CAN sue VW, but does not actually state anywhere that they HAVE declared an intention to do so.

MJakaHips

Spoke to VW UK. Because mine is brand new, it definitely meets EU6 requirements whatever they are. And whether you believe that after this dieselgate scandal well thats up to us right.

But as it stands VW UK are saying that the 65' plate cars will not be affected. Can only hope it remains true.

As for older GTD's, they weren't so sure.

Last edited:

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
What this means is that "even if cars in the EU do deactivate smog controls when they're not on test, the levels are still acceptable under EU law". It doesn't mean the engine doesn't do its nasty little trick.

Charan

Yeh but as long as we are under the recommended Eu mark and doesn't effect UK resales, however vw should fix the problem for future reputation . It's my 1st golf and I love it... Don't want it to be my last.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Of course it will affect resale value worldwide - the brand lied about this to score a few petty points on the spec sheet so how much trust do you think you have in them over the rest of the product they sold you?
And I don't even have a diesel..
It probably won't make a BIG difference in the UK if there's no recall, but it will make some difference.

Ghidora84

Of course it will affect resale value worldwide - the brand lied about this to score a few petty points on the spec sheet so how much trust do you think you have in them over the rest of the product they sold you?
And I don't even have a diesel..
It probably won't make a BIG difference in the UK if there's no recall, but it will make some difference.

Right now while the topic is hot, ppl will be carefull... But ppl forget things fast, and as soon all the other brands are exposed aswell, VW wont be as hurt, as it seems right now (i think)

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
I do suspect you're right that other brands will be massaging the truth, but so far at least the implication seems to be that VW were the only people who deliberately wrote CODE that said "if test then cheat". Everything else is just carefully balancing tune against emissions..

ROK

Passed Driver's Ed
My opinion...das ist uber badass! Takes some serious balls to pull this stunt. In the end I couldn't give a flying farfegnugen what my car puts out for emissions. If its fun, fast and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg at the pump I'm happy. One thing I can not believe is that this was discovered by an emissions tester in Virginia? Don't you think a competitor trying to reverse engineer one of these engines would find it first? This whole episode does nothing to tarnish my support for the brand.

s7wag

Ready to race!
My TT Roadster is EA189 so would suggest a recall at some point. It already has the REVO map installed so am I really that bothered in getting a ECU re-flash by VAG just to get rid of the MOT/Dyno test software that doesn't affect my day to day driving anyhow and the inconvenience for the day and then cost me more time and effort to go and get the REVO re-flashed back on...NOPE...cars running fine, normal service regime, never failed me...it's still a great car and I don't believe all the noise about re-sale values dropping just VAG trying to now protect and re-build its reputation and hold it's customer base with buy-backs, part-ex incentives etc...

It's already off the news and gone quiet...

santiagopilgrim

Ready to race!
My TT Roadster is EA189 so would suggest a recall at some point. It already has the REVO map installed so am I really that bothered in getting a ECU re-flash by VAG just to get rid of the MOT/Dyno test software that doesn't affect my day to day driving anyhow and the inconvenience for the day and then cost me more time and effort to go and get the REVO re-flashed back on...NOPE...cars running fine, normal service regime, never failed me...it's still a great car and I don't believe all the noise about re-sale values dropping just VAG trying to now protect and re-build its reputation and hold it's customer base with buy-backs, part-ex incentives etc...

It's already off the news and gone quiet...

It will most like not be an optional recall - surely? They have to make the cars legal to the standard they should have been sold at.