GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR intercooler fitment issue

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
Has anyone else had fitment issues with the vwr intercooler and intake? I just had the VWR intercooler installed last week but have had their closed intake system since it first came out.

I took the intake out last night to install new shifter bushings and noticed the intake box wasn't pushed all the way down on the pegs that hold it in place. Fast forward to reinstalling the intake after I was done, and it just would not push down on the pegs - I couldn't get it to go far enough forward. Then I realized, because the intercooler is so much thicker, it pushes the radiator back into the engine bay. Now the intake box is buried against the upper radiator hose outlet and will not seat back onto the pegs.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or it is possibly related to the initial design of the intake. The new ones look a little difference from mine with a VWR badge glued to the top - mine has an embossed R logo. I'm mostly concerned with the pressure on the radiator outlet causing a leak.

Adsi1022

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hi mate, just seen this post as I have the same issue, did you manage to resolve this ? And if so what was the outcome ? Any help is appreciated as I'm currently in the same boat with nothing fitting correctly anymore !
Thanks

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Hi mate, just seen this post as I have the same issue, did you manage to resolve this ? And if so what was the outcome ? Any help is appreciated as I'm currently in the same boat with nothing fitting correctly anymore !
Thanks
Doubt you will get an answer because that post was from Sep 2017 and the member hasn't been on since.