GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Wanted New Golf R With 5-Cylinder Engine, But Audi Said No

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Damn it. That 5cyl is amazing, and sounds incredible. VW is still saying the R is going to have some 'surprising' peformance features (no hybrid system) so im still excited to see what they do.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Damn.

I'm not sure it would take sales away from Audi since they don't offer a manual transmission. RS3 is too expensive and auto only so you lost some people there. Why not get those people into a VW with the same powerplant.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
"...but Audi said no"
tenor.gif

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
LOL! My thoughts exactly........Audi is the ownee, not owner. Phhhht.

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
I heard usp motorsports got ahold of the new golf r and already swapped it with the 2.5. Pushing close or over 600hp.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie

At first I was like, oh $89999.00 , I'll take 20 please. Then I see you need to provide your own MK8 Golf R and I was like, wtf!!!!

No but seriously, at that price I would have expected the car to be included. Wtf are they thinking? Who in their right mind would pay that much for ANY golf??? This HAD to be an April fools joke from USP, right??

Blue K04

Passed Driver's Ed
The best parts...
"We started this project at Day 4 of quarantine."
And...
"Engine functionality is not guaranteed, but we will make it look like it belongs so you can use it for all your social posts."
😂