GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW oil compatibility chart

Finepics

Ready to race!
Last edited:

GC854

Ready to race!
Found a VW pdf chart for VW502 00 and VW505 01 oil compatibility. It's dated 2006 but is still relevant for today.

Cheers. But folks better check their handbooks as Mk7 diesels require VW507 00

Finepics

Ready to race!
Thanks for that. VW507 00 spec is a 5W-30 oil with extended life.

The VW507.00 spec. 5W-30 oil is required for all current top end turbo engines in the VAG ranges, on the extended service schedule. They are all delivered with the engine filled with that oil. Used to be that diesels and petrols had different spec. oil, but the top spec. synthetic seems to cater for them all now.

GC854

Ready to race!
X2. :) What am I smiling about, it's too true!

testcard

Ready to race!
Goes down well with a splash of Ginger Ale. And you don't need another for 18,000 miles.

Finepics

Ready to race!
I feel a Laphroaig coming on!!

mrlapou

Ready to race!
This may help.

Attachments

• Full page photo.pdf
    180.2 KB · Views: 2,430

singleminded

The VW507.00 spec. 5W-30 oil is required for all current top end turbo engines in the VAG ranges, on the extended service schedule. They are all delivered with the engine filled with that oil. Used to be that diesels and petrols had different spec. oil, but the top spec. synthetic seems to cater for them all now.

So there's no confusion: the owners manual for the US GTI (gasoline engine, of course) does NOT spec 507.00. It specs 502.00 This is also stated on a sticker in the engine bay.

The manual also specs EITHER 5W-30 OR 5W-40.

Pedro1

I prefer using the 5W-40 to minimize the oil consumption

Alunakis

Hello,
If I have in engine Castrol oil with VW 502 00 specification (fixed service interval), can I add Castrol oil VW 504 00 specification (variable service interval) to get „max” on dipstick?
If in the engine is Castrol oil with VW 502 00, can I add Mobil 1 ESP, same 5W30, with VW 502 00 to get „max” on dipstick? The additives are different? Problems may occur?
Thank you for answers.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
I just used Schaeffer Supreme 9000 series oil. VW 502 certified. Everything going great thus far.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone tried this Oil Additive by Liqui Moly:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VII_R--2.0T_Gen3/Maintenance/Engine/ES2788486/

Ceratec Oil Additive
Volkswagen Golf VII R 2.0T Gen3
Performance additive for longevity of metal engine/transmission components. 300mL
Ceratec is a high quality ceramic wear protection product which is safe for use in all engine oils. It reduces friction and wear due to ceramic compounds that withstand extremely high chemical and thermal loads. Ceratec reduces direct metal-to-metal contact, thus increasing the engine service life. The low-friction effect reduces fuel consumption in gasoline and diesel engines. The chemicals in this specially-formulated product adhere to metal surfaces to reduce internal wear and friction, giving you peace-of-mind and saving you costly repairs in the future. Treats up to 6 quarts of engine oil and provides up to 30,000 miles of protection under normal driving conditions.

*Note: Not suitable for use with wet clutch applications or limited slip differentials. Great for use in vehicles with high pressure, cam-driven fuel pumps or engines making noise upon start-up.