GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vw mk7 dogbone not oem ?

ToniPeja

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Vw mk7 1.6 TDI
Hi guys,

Last week I decided to replace dogbone mount in my mk7, auto part store told me that it is genuine part Lemforder Anvis tha same as it was fitted from factory, but what I realized is that my engine feels sloopy with new dogbone installed, the rubber seems to be so soft, I’m not sure how it should be but if some of you can give me any advice, I will attach a video made underneath the car today.
https://youtube.com/shorts/IVdvb_-ofUE?feature=share

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hi guys,

Last week I decided to replace dogbone mount in my mk7, auto part store told me that it is genuine part Lemforder Anvis tha same as it was fitted from factory, but what I realized is that my engine feels sloopy with new dogbone installed, the rubber seems to be so soft, I’m not sure how it should be but if some of you can give me any advice, I will attach a video made underneath the car today.
https://youtube.com/shorts/IVdvb_-ofUE?feature=share
I'm not sure about how much movement should be in the factory dogbone mount, but I do know that Lemforder does make OE parts for VW. I looked it up for my own car and Lemforder does offer one on ECS Tuning. You'll see the name down by the "Brand." I think I purchased some Lemforder parts when refreshing my suspension and they were of a very similar quality to OEM VW, but lower price.

1651601458433.png

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Did you torque it to spec?
Idk... looks like a lot of movement to me...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I'm not certain, but I'd imagine that there is a difference between TDI and gasoline dogbones as the diesel is prone to more vibration/movement. Maybe they gave you the gasoline dogbone?

ToniPeja

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Vw mk7 1.6 TDI
I'm not certain, but I'd imagine that there is a difference between TDI and gasoline dogbones as the diesel is prone to more vibration/movement. Maybe they gave you the gasoline dogbone?
Hi Daks,

I didn’t knew if there is a difference, the guy at shop aksed me for VIN number and immediately brought me these mounts and said that they are oem, I made a comparission also from google and they had the same name and words printed as those who where fitted in my car from factory but definitely they seems to me to me be copy because it doesn’t look normal to me to have such softnes when changing geara and when starting the engine, I’m thinking to put e new ones from other store.