GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf mk7 Bluetooth and Google Pixel 5 issues (Spotify)

GolfWagenTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5 2.0 GT TDI
Hi all,

Ever since I have changed my mobile phone (from Samsung Galaxy Note 5) to Google Pixel 5, I'm unable to switch between the songs on Spotify (while Bluetooth connected). The buttons are working with the radio stations or songs on a CD but not while I'm connected to Bluetooth. Has anyone bumped into this issue before? Not sure if this is something specific to Google Pixel phones as well.

Please see here:

I know it may sound like a trivial issue but nonetheless, it is an issue of sorts. Cheers chaps

davidg

Car(s)
2015 GTI
I think this is specific to the Pixel. I recently upgraded to a Pixel 5 and my media buttons don't seem to work with it. Used to work fine with my S9

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all,

Ever since I have changed my mobile phone (from Samsung Galaxy Note 5) to Google Pixel 5, I'm unable to switch between the songs on Spotify (while Bluetooth connected). The buttons are working with the radio stations or songs on a CD but not while I'm connected to Bluetooth. Has anyone bumped into this issue before? Not sure if this is something specific to Google Pixel phones as well.

Please see here:

I know it may sound like a trivial issue but nonetheless, it is an issue of sorts. Cheers chaps
Downgrade your AVRCP version to 1.4.

GolfWagenTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5 2.0 GT TDI
Downgrade your AVRCP version to 1.4.
Hello mate,

Sounds easy but I have no idea what you are talking about and more importantly how to do it. Furthermore, would this downgrade impact functionality of anything (the system I presume)?

Cheers
Will

GolfWagenTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5 2.0 GT TDI
Fantastic, it worked perfectly! Thanks a lot :)

Attachments

• PXL_20210331_142831562.jpg
    PXL_20210331_142831562.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74

kalisteniu

Car(s)
Golf 7
I have access with my iPhone to all the menus of Apple Music if connected with Bluetooth. With Spotify is not possible. Is there any solution?