GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf GTD - Sport and Sound Pack - Pictures

s7wag

Ready to race!
I've seen a few questions now on the forum about the Sport & Sound Pack on the Mk7 GTD, so I've finally worked out how to upload some images on the web.

http://postimg.org/gallery/1gaxcubfo/

Basically you get:
'Red' Brake calipers
Active Exhaust - rear silencer removed from standard GTD
Sound Actuator - (read electronic speaker box) - feeds electronic exhaust noise into the flow of the exhaust. Activated by selecting 'Sport ' Mode' or 'Individual' with Sport option on in the car. Turn it on and you get a deeper grunt/growl from the exhaust.
There is also the small internal bulkhead speaker that adds the sound inside the car...seems like most GTI/R drivers opt for turning this internal artificial noise down or off altogether...
You can change the 100% factory sound levels from 100% down to 0% via VCDS for both the internal (Address A9: Struct. Borne Sound (J869)) and external (Address C0: Act. for Ext. Noise (J943)) speaker/actuator controllers if needed.

Steve

Attachments

• 9492877399_0aec10c3c7_b.jpg
    9492877399_0aec10c3c7_b.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 23,596
  • GTD Exhaust Sound Actuator-640x480.jpg
    GTD Exhaust Sound Actuator-640x480.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 16,456
  • J943 - Sound Actuator - car location.JPG
    J943 - Sound Actuator - car location.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 10,727
  • GTD-Maxton-NSFSpoiler.jpg
    GTD-Maxton-NSFSpoiler.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 9,089
Last edited:

Craigmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Steve, anyone.

I've got a gtd and looking to buy a dual exhaust too. I never selected any option for the sport and sound pack so I don't think I've got the exhaust actuator.. But if I buy an exhaust with one from milltek is it possible to wire it in somehow?

I know it's risky putting an exhaust on a diesel and it sounding awful. But I'm wanting that extra performance and looks. If abit of nice grunt is achieved I won't complain!

Cheers

Silvadadi

Passed Driver's Ed
Steve, thanks for this.

Tad random but what tyre dressing do you use? Love the gloss look.

Last edited:

s7wag

Ready to race!
Hi Steve, anyone.

I've got a gtd and looking to buy a dual exhaust too. I never selected any option for the sport and sound pack so I don't think I've got the exhaust actuator.. But if I buy an exhaust with one from milltek is it possible to wire it in somehow?

I know it's risky putting an exhaust on a diesel and it sounding awful. But I'm wanting that extra performance and looks. If abit of nice grunt is achieved I won't complain!

Cheers

I'd just go for the non-resonated Milltek system - you'll get the exhaust grunt. There's no extra performance gains due to the DPF sitting up front that strangling the engine and exhaust...see my other post with Milltek rear...:)

Spicytom

Aw, that explains why my red Gtd doesnt sound anything like the black one i had on loan then, bugger! Wish i'd gone for the sound pack now! :(

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If I purchased full exhausted with the sound module is this plug and play

You would first need to use a VCDS to find out if you have the same module number as the GTD with the sound modules. If you do, and you can figure out where to attach the wires then probably sort of. You most likely do not have the plug already on your car just sitting there waiting for you to plug it into the exhaust. I figure there's no demand for this modification so I doubt anyone makes a wiring harness for it.

If you have the same module you can probablt code it to activate the exhaust. If not, you will need to change it. The system probably takes a signal from the RPM sensor to decide when and how much sound to inject into the exhaust. It's much cheaper and easier to buy a performance exhaust. If you just want to control loud and quiet just install a switch controlled electric bypass valve like this one: http://www.siliconeintakes.com/dsm-...ric-exhaust-cutout-_-bypass-valve-p-9577.html

Have a shop run one pipe from the muffler to the one tailpipe and another pipe from before the muffler to the other tailpipe, with the bypass in the pipe. That way you can have all muffler, all no muffler. See if you can buy a bypass that allows stopping the flap in between if you want to vary the sound.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Does anyone know if the oem rear silencer on the GTD can be used on the 1.8 TSI (with the stock TSI pipe) ?

Is it more / less restrictive ? Louder / quieter ?

Edit: This refers to the regular TDI 2.0 150HP as well as the GTD 184HP, see pic:

https://ibb.co/Vpnv6Tg

Last edited: