GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf GTD - DTUK CRD-T+ Tuning Box

Philboy

Hi I really want to remap my 2015 gtd but vw have told me point blank it will invalidate warranty i thought they might have been remap friendly but the manager is a bit of a plonker! i cover 60/70k miles a year so obviously the fuel benefits would help plus a 4.0d x5 kicked my ass yesterday in Aberdeen from standstill will this dtuk box be detected when i remove it for service?

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Simonj67 there are all sorts of thinking with a tuning box. Some say when removed they can't be detected and some say they can. I have been sat on the fence for so long now with a DTUK box. I really want one but don't want to invalidate my warranty. Does anyone actually know the answer?

ROBK75

Ready to race!
How do you find the car from cold Rob?

Do you have slight hesitation or any smoke? Also what setting are you running your box on?

I haven't got a DTUK tuning box damo, I've got a custom remap instead. The thing I was talking about is one of these - http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/box-details.php?id=15.

Although it doesn't actually increase power it makes a massive difference to throttle response and is well worth getting.

s7wag

Ready to race!
Pedal Box

What Waggers said :D

Out of interest, what setting do you normally keep your pedal box on Waggers? I keep mine on red most of the time now, I didn't like it on red at first cos it felt too responsive but now I'm used to it green and even orange seem a bit lethargic. As for what it feels like in standard ....

I've got mine on green with all three + lights. Red is very aggressive and I found I was just compensating with backing off the throttle. But maybe I'll have another try :) Orange is for improved torque in town setting I believe.

@Damo, as Rob says no increase in bhp just throttle responsiveness so your 0-60 time will improve too. BTW I've had no adverse affect on MPG either. Car is still returning 48mpg plus on average.

Steve

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

Sorry to bring this thread up again but took delivery of a DTUK CRDT tuning box yesterday and fitted it today. All was good initially as I just booted it and loved the feeling of extra grunt, however, traffic slowed me down and its when on a steady neutral throttle there is a hesitation or missing at low RPM.

The box is second hand and I have set it back to the base setting as suggested in the paperwork. Has anyone else suffered the same and is the solution simply to change the map?

Cheers
Kev

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All, I've had a play with the map settings and now have the smoothness that I was looking for and the extra grunt. Went for map 4 +1

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anybody tested their GTD with DTUK box on a dyno and see if the numbers are legit?

no other company has so high numbers, so either there found something no other has or they have been little over entusiastic with their numbers?

What I have learned and tried my self is that OBD remap always gives better result then add on boxes so this DTUK really confuses me.

I want to believe ;-)

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Has anybody tested their GTD with DTUK box on a dyno and see if the numbers are legit?

no other company has so high numbers, so either there found something no other has or they have been little over entusiastic with their numbers?

What I have learned and tried my self is that OBD remap always gives better result then add on boxes so this DTUK really confuses me.

I want to believe ;-)

I think you have answered your own question there:eek:.

Remap all the way.

With a tuning box, the car re learns & corrects the false readings. Something they don't tell you. Also & tuning box leaves a trace. Overboosting etc....

See my thread for more info

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9105

Rappy:cool:

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Hi all,

Sorry to bring this thread up again but took delivery of a DTUK CRDT tuning box yesterday and fitted it today. All was good initially as I just booted it and loved the feeling of extra grunt, however, traffic slowed me down and its when on a steady neutral throttle there is a hesitation or missing at low RPM.

The box is second hand and I have set it back to the base setting as suggested in the paperwork. Has anyone else suffered the same and is the solution simply to change the map?

Cheers
Kev

I have heard this before with tuning boxes. Not all but it effects some cars.

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers Rappy, been playing again tried 3+1 and now at 4+2. Will see how I get on but first impressions are no different. As mine is an older box (have to take it apart to change the Map) is it worthwhile looking to change to the newer easier to programme box?

Kev

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
I think you have answered your own question there:eek:.

Remap all the way.

With a tuning box, the car re learns & corrects the false readings. Something they don't tell you. Also & tuning box leaves a trace. Overboosting etc....

See my thread for more info

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9105

As that thread is dead now, too old. I ask the question here:

Did somebody got to know the NM limit for DSG gear box?
I have a 2014 GTD.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Cheers Rappy, been playing again tried 3+1 and now at 4+2. Will see how I get on but first impressions are no different. As mine is an older box (have to take it apart to change the Map) is it worthwhile looking to change to the newer easier to programme box?

Kev

I would say not. Sadly some cars can develop this fault. Going back a while now. But I know two guys running the exact same tunning box on the same car. The only variable was one was a manual & the other was a dsg.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
As that thread is dead now, too old. I ask the question here:

Did somebody got to know the NM limit for DSG gear box?
I have a 2014 GTD.

Old maybe. Still relevant, yes. Nearly 1 year on & still v happy:D.

The torque limit is different for both manual & dsg. If I was getting a remap with a DSG, I would want that remapping too.