GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf 7 GTI 2014 Headlight programming / coding adaptations

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
"Feux de jour" is basically triggered as soon as the vehicle has ignition on. Since Leuchte4 doesn't "react" to it, there is potentially one more thing you could try: set Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion A 4 to "Klemme15..." instead.

Toto-costaud

Car(s)
VW Golf 7 GTI 2014
Hi,

By using @DV52 document "How MQB platform vehicles (like the Mk7 Golf) control external lights -preliminary observations", I've learned of lot of things about Leuchte coding but not sure if I fully understand all of it.

By taking the example of Leuchte8 (left led dot), if I want to break down / dissociate the "group" for parking light, low beam and high beam (leds dot are working in every switch mode), is it the correct coding to do? (See my second table)
So with this coding, I can control intensity of left led dot for each "operation".

I can say, 0% intensity for parking light switch position, 127% intensity for low beam switch position and high beam switch position.

Same thing for DRL supply and signal so I can control intensity for each "operation".
I can say, 100% intensity for parking light switch position, 26% intensity for low beam switch position and high beam switch position.

Example of what I want to do for Leuchte8:

First table, the original code. Second table, modifications I want to do.

1701689578706.png

To understand, I'll try to replicate DRL mode on parking light switch position. Because for the moment I don't want to replace BCM module.

BR.

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
BR: Please be aware that my Leuchte-programming primer was authored 10 years ago - and it was written at a time when my understanding of these matters was pre-nascant. I've learnt much since those early days and I now find that the document is full of errors. One day I will re-write the document, but not for a while!!

Anyhow, I'm not sure how it helps - but yes, your second table will separate the lighting functions for the lamp connected to BCM pin #B39

Even if you set-up Leuchte8 to replicate the programming on the faulty headlight lamp and if the BCM pin #B39 lamp works correctly - how does this help?

You already know from past investigations that this BCM is capable of correctly driving the DRL lamp on the right-side headlight. So there is no question about its ability to operate the DRL function.

And you already know from your voltage measurements that this BCM correctly drives the left-side DRL lamp when the low-beam lights turn-on (i.e. after dark).

So how does your simulation attempt on Leuchte 8 advance your diagnostic efforts? What am I missing?

Don

Toto-costaud

Car(s)
VW Golf 7 GTI 2014
Ok Don.

The diagnostic is done and finished. We know it. We have found that BCM module is faulty. So for the moment I don't want to change BCM module just for one leuchte faulty.

My concern is that I want to have DRL working like the way they work without issues. But it's impossible to have them working well because left DRL is faulty on switch 0 and AUTO (0V in pin12).
I will never have voltage on pin12 for 0 and AUTO switch position because intern component of BCM module is faulty (maybe transistors or I don't know...).

I don't say I will inevitably do it, but maybe I'll try to just test it.

So, yes maybe my method is weird (but I think it's the only method to make working left DRL at full intensity), I want to replicate DRL "configuration" on parklight switch position. Because we know that in this switch position, pin12 voltage is working.
In everyday life, on the road, I am never using just parklight, it's DRL on daytime and low beam / high beam on night time so here's the explanations.

With this separation method (second table above), I can put 0% intensity for leuchte8 and leuchte9 just for parklight switch position and put 127% for low beam switch and high beam command.
For Leuchte 4, 5, 2, 3, I can put 100% intensity for parking light switch position, 26% intensity for low beam switch position and high beam command.

And after maybe, because we know that in DRL configuration all rear lights are not active, put 0% for all rear lights in parklight switch position and 10% (like the origine) for low beam switch position and high beam command.

Or the other method is to put 100% instead of 26% in (10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2 and (10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3 but I will have full intensity DRL in every mode (parklight switch position, low beam switch position and high beam command).

Or I don't touch original coding and drive without DRL like I always done it.

BR.

Last edited: