GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW GOLF 1.6 TDI MK7 shaking when idling and ticking noise coming from engine.

Tom Morrison

Car(s)
VW GOLF 1.6 TDI MK7
Hi all hoping I could get some advice regarding my recent problem on my golf. my golf recently blew its turbo at 100k miles and went to get its turbo replaced (don't know if this could be linked) and after receiving my car it has proceeded to shake while idling and run rough until the engine is warmer. the car has had a drop in mpg since the turbo change as well as when you first drive it in the morning you can feel it suddenly lurch forward and almost stall sometimes, the ticking noise will always get louder and quicker upon accelerating and then stop as you ease of the accelerator. I really don't know what is going on and would really appreciate it if someone could help or give there opinion.

many thanks,

Tom

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Hi all hoping I could get some advice regarding my recent problem on my golf. my golf recently blew its turbo at 100k miles and went to get its turbo replaced (don't know if this could be linked) and after receiving my car it has proceeded to shake while idling and run rough until the engine is warmer. the car has had a drop in mpg since the turbo change as well as when you first drive it in the morning you can feel it suddenly lurch forward and almost stall sometimes, the ticking noise will always get louder and quicker upon accelerating and then stop as you ease of the accelerator. I really don't know what is going on and would really appreciate it if someone could help or give there opinion.

many thanks,

Tom

Hey, sorry to hear about your issues. You my might try posting in the Golf engine subforum, even though yours is a diesel. That subforum has considerably more activity than this one.