GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW DIGITAL HEATER PANEL.

jollybob2182

Car(s)
vw golf mk7 gtd 2014
Hello, can anybody help me, I have just fitted a new digital heater panel in my 2015 VW GOLF GTD MK7 but I am getting a fault code in my Address 17: Instruments it is in German can anyone help me get rid of the fault code Thank you.

Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels:| 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb-SRI3

Part No SW: 5G1 920 791 B HW: 5G1 920 791 B

Component: KOMBI 404 4191

Coding: 67FD11002F842E00018AFA010400000000000000

Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345

ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009058

ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_009_VW37.rod

VCID: 2B030284E38EDE93F61-807E

1 Fault Found:

1048578 - No Basic Setting

B2010 00 [009] - -

Attachments

• NEW LED BULBS VW GOLF 003.JPG
    NEW LED BULBS VW GOLF 003.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 609

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I installed the same controls last week and haven't actually scanned the car yet, but I'd imagine I'd have the same fault.

I bought it off AliExpress, and the seller advises that there will be a fault code with it:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001190767604.html
"There will be a fault code. But it does not affect the use."

I'd assume that's what he's talking about.

Do you have any issues with any functions of yours? Mine is functioning fine.

jollybob2182

Car(s)
vw golf mk7 gtd 2014
The heater control is fine all functions working as they should but only since I fitted it I have this fault code it only comes up on Instruments, I did put the old heater control back in car and fault code was cleared but come back when I put new control back in.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hello, can anybody help me, I have just fitted a new digital heater panel in my 2015 VW GOLF GTD MK7 but I am getting a fault code in my Address 17: Instruments it is in German can anyone help me get rid of the fault code Thank you.

Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels:| 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb-SRI3

Part No SW: 5G1 920 791 B HW: 5G1 920 791 B

Component: KOMBI 404 4191

Coding: 67FD11002F842E00018AFA010400000000000000

Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345

ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009058

ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_009_VW37.rod

VCID: 2B030284E38EDE93F61-807E

1 Fault Found:

1048578 - No Basic Setting

B2010 00 [009] - -
Run the basic setting then..

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Run the basic setting then..

From my understanding, it will still have the fault code. I'm not sure where jollybob bought his, but when I bought mine the seller was very clear there was going to be a permenant fault code looming in the background, but it did not affect anything.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
From my understanding, it will still have the fault code. I'm not sure where jollybob bought his, but when I bought mine the seller was very clear there was going to be a permenant fault code looming in the background, but it did not affect anything.
Sounds like a shitty Chinese clone then. Logically, there shouldn't be any fault codes if this is a straight swap from an existing Climatronic panel.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sounds like a shitty Chinese clone then. Logically, there shouldn't be any fault codes if this is a straight swap from an existing Climatronic panel.

In my case at least, it's swapping from manual controls to a dual zone climatronic unit. Since the car isn't set up for that, error codes related to missing components are expected.

Screenshot_20201224-131716.png

Those are the faults I have, most of which makes sense given the situation. For example, I don't have the clean air sensor and filter, so of course it will give me an error saying the basic settings are missing.

I believe it's a legitimate Chinese market VW unit, but who knows in the end.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
In my case at least, it's swapping from manual controls to a dual zone climatronic unit. Since the car isn't set up for that, error codes related to missing components are expected.

Those are the faults I have, most of which makes sense given the situation. For example, I don't have the clean air sensor and filter, so of course it will give me an error saying the basic settings are missing.

Yes, but they aren't swapping from manual controls......

jollybob2182

Car(s)
vw golf mk7 gtd 2014
Yes, but they aren't swapping from manual controls......
I got my digital panel from Ali Express I have done all the basic settings in (08) and unit is working with no fault codes, but in Address 17: Instruments I get the fault code it says no basic settings but I do not have the 4 digit code, in basic settings it has something to do with fuel tank but if I had the 4 digit code I’m not sure which settings to do, If I refit my old heater panel the fault code goes.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I got my digital panel from Ali Express I have done all the basic settings in (08) and unit is working with no fault codes, but in Address 17: Instruments I get the fault code it says no basic settings but I do not have the 4 digit code, in basic settings it has something to do with fuel tank but if I had the 4 digit code I’m not sure which settings to do, If I refit my old heater panel the fault code goes.
Eek, didn't realise the fault code was in your instrument cluster! That's awfully disconcerting!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Are you sure it's asking for 4 digits, not 5?

Here's a list of most security codes.

17 - Instruments should be 20103, 25327, or 47115.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit

This climatronic unit is also available in other markets. It seems like a step back from the traditional 3 dial setup.

14:30

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This climatronic unit is also available in other markets. It seems like a step back from the traditional 3 dial setup.

14:30

That one has the 'sync' button vs. 'clean air' on the AliExpress ones, that's what I mean when I say Chinese market. I know other areas have the capacitive control units, but I think China (possibly other Asian countries?) are the only ones that have 'clean air' due to their air quality.

1608911210158.png

I disagree about it being a step back. Having used it, I don't find it any more difficult\time consuming\unintuitive to use than the traditional 3 dial one. Now, the full touch screen menu driven controls on the MK8's, thats a different story. This is still "buttons", it's just capacitive vs. mechanical. It's not digging through menus on a touchscreen.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
lol whatever. The main difference is that you have to look at the capacitive screen taking off your eyes on the road longer than having a tactile feel of a rotary dial.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
lol whatever. The main difference is that you have to look at the capacitive screen taking off your eyes on the road longer than having a tactile feel of a rotary dial.

Ok boomer