GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Dealership Warranty haldex shenanigans.

yakev724

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 S3
Just have an indy shop replace the haldex with a new or late-model used unit (if you can find one). Implicit cost of an early MY golf R.

Relying on VW is a long shot

Codeca

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GoRf DSG
sweet jesus there's another odd problem now. It's happened a couple times in the past 3 days when I began noticing it. So the first time was after parking and putting the car into park, the car started humming rhythmically. By hum, I mean it almost sounds like the fake engine sound from an tesla, but pulsates maybe every 3/4 seconds. Just now it was doing that in both first gear and reverse as I was parking, then went away when I actually put it in park. Any ideas? Boy once my warranty kicks in, chase bank is really gonna hate me for how much needs fixing on this thing.

edit: AC was also off on both occasions

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
sweet jesus there's another odd problem now. It's happened a couple times in the past 3 days when I began noticing it. So the first time was after parking and putting the car into park, the car started humming rhythmically. By hum, I mean it almost sounds like the fake engine sound from an tesla, but pulsates maybe every 3/4 seconds. Just now it was doing that in both first gear and reverse as I was parking, then went away when I actually put it in park. Any ideas? Boy once my warranty kicks in, chase bank is really gonna hate me for how much needs fixing on this thing.

edit: AC was also off on both occasions
Video?