GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Dealership Warranty haldex shenanigans.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Just have an indy shop replace the haldex with a new or late-model used unit (if you can find one). Implicit cost of an early MY golf R.

Relying on VW is a long shot

Codeca

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GoRf DSG
sweet jesus there's another odd problem now. It's happened a couple times in the past 3 days when I began noticing it. So the first time was after parking and putting the car into park, the car started humming rhythmically. By hum, I mean it almost sounds like the fake engine sound from an tesla, but pulsates maybe every 3/4 seconds. Just now it was doing that in both first gear and reverse as I was parking, then went away when I actually put it in park. Any ideas? Boy once my warranty kicks in, chase bank is really gonna hate me for how much needs fixing on this thing.

edit: AC was also off on both occasions

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
sweet jesus there's another odd problem now. It's happened a couple times in the past 3 days when I began noticing it. So the first time was after parking and putting the car into park, the car started humming rhythmically. By hum, I mean it almost sounds like the fake engine sound from an tesla, but pulsates maybe every 3/4 seconds. Just now it was doing that in both first gear and reverse as I was parking, then went away when I actually put it in park. Any ideas? Boy once my warranty kicks in, chase bank is really gonna hate me for how much needs fixing on this thing.

edit: AC was also off on both occasions
Video?

Codeca

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GoRf DSG
I'll make sure to grab one next time it happens. Figured i'd ask ahead if it's common enough that somebody would know what to check first. Thanks!

edit: I finally got my trans and haldex fully replaced with new parts from the extended warranty and learned that the controller for my haldex was busted which is why it wouldn't throw codes anymore...well, two weeks later with far too many inspections, the mechanic pulled through and showed them a series of youtube videos proving that the rear wheels should also move on an AWD car(duh), and shouldn't just be burning up my front tires. FINALLY, although I still had to pay 2grand in rental car costs(thanks warranty)

Last edited: