GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Just got mine today. Won’t be able to flash it until this weekend but very excited. Then the wait for the DSG file.

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Ed's included swag game is weak! I will have to rock the COBB sticker since the EQT keychain cant flaunt my bad decision to TD1 myself!

...thanks for the fast turnaround on the purchase Ed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ed's included swag game is weak! I will have to rock the COBB sticker since the EQT keychain cant flaunt my bad decision to TD1 myself!

...thanks for the fast turnaround on the purchase Ed.

Not sure I understand that.
Won't the Cobb sticker also get you a TDI?

dac

Car(s)
19 GTI SE
so what should i do when i have to take my car back to the dealership for service? flash to map 0 or completely uninstall it?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
so what should i do when i have to take my car back to the dealership for service? flash to map 0 or completely uninstall it?

Uninstall it.
If the dealer finds any evidence that you used it your warranty will probably be voided.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Uninstall it.
If the dealer finds any evidence that you used it your warranty will probably be voided.

If they run any diagnostic which they often do won't it be flagged anyway? If he has a warranty issue that could potentially be related to the tune he is just postponing the inevitable.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If they run any diagnostic which they often do won't it be flagged anyway? If he has a warranty issue that could potentially be related to the tune he is just postponing the inevitable.

Yes I messed up and thought he was talking about a JB4.

Last edited:

dac

Car(s)
19 GTI SE
wait.... so what do i do if i just bring it in for a schedule maintenance service (dealer gave me a few for free when i bought the car so i might as well go back to them)??

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
wait.... so what do i do if i just bring it in for a schedule maintenance service (dealer gave me a few for free when i bought the car so i might as well go back to them)??

Well you should still use your free maintenance visits. I'm not sure what if anything you should say to the dealer so better wait for another reply from someone with experience.

ga0887

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my Stg1 93 tune for my S3 and all I can say is wow! Cant wait to get the DSG tune flashed as well.

About how long does it take to receive the DSG tune once the transmission ID is sent back to EQT?

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Got my Stg1 93 tune for my S3 and all I can say is wow! Cant wait to get the DSG tune flashed as well.

About how long does it take to receive the DSG tune once the transmission ID is sent back to EQT?
I had the same reaction (Gti though).

fwiw, I sent mine Monday and haven’t heard back yet (probably won’t for a week at minimum). Have you flashed the Cobb dsg file in the meantime?

ga0887

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same reaction (Gti though).

fwiw, I sent mine Monday and haven’t heard back yet (probably won’t for a week at minimum). Have you flashed the Cobb dsg file in the meantime?

Same - got mine on Monday. Trying out the Cobb DSG tunes to hold me over in the meantime but excited for the EQT tune based on all the feedback I've been reading.

dac

Car(s)
19 GTI SE
i got my ECU tune 2 days after i sent my code after flashing to the cobb ecu tune first, but this was early in the week and i dont think they work weekends

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf

As mentioned above, uninstall it completely if there is any concern of them running diagnostics. It’s the only way the dealer can actually scan the car using a new AP. If you just change it to the stock map they won’t be able to run diagnostics, and then “hey the car is tuned.” I had previously taken my car to a local Indy shop with it set to the stock tune thinking that was enough but they couldn’t access the CEL I had at the time.

More recently I did the full uninstall to take it to the dealer. It took around 6 minutes for it to complete following the prompts. Very easy and uneventful. I had a battery tender hooked up just in case.

Got the car in for maintenance repair. They did not ask if I was tuned, and there were no issues reported by the tech. I obviously can’t promise any results but I can tell you uninstalling is required if them checking is a possibility.