GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
sorry, GTi with is38 is still considered a custom tune at this time. I don’t know if Ed will consider doing a “staged” upgrade path for GTi’s with R turbos or not.

He should because I've seen a lot of requests for it. For so many guys the IS38 is the turbo they first go to for GTI's. Wouldn't the tune be about the same anyway?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
He should because I've seen a lot of requests for it. For so many guys the IS38 is the turbo they first go to for GTI's. Wouldn't the tune be about the same anyway?

I'm interested because after thinking about swap options for months, I've decided to do nothing except for if this tune happens and pair it with a used IS38 to try to bring it in for under 1k. Otherwise, I stay as is unless the is20 goes to heaven.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They would essentially be undercutting themselves by doing this as an OTS in my opinion...the idea of spending the extra money on a custom tune for someone utilizing the stock turbo comes off as say a 75% increase in the “mod” cost vs a consumer that is cleary ready to spend the $950- $1200 For the Turbo is now really only adding another say 15-30% to the “mod” cost.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Pat did tell me via email that while they don't have an ETA, a canned OTS GTI IS38 tune is planned.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Pat did tell me via email that while they don't have an ETA, a canned OTS GTI IS38 tune is planned.

If they want a beta tester, I'd volunteer. Their E30 for IS20 that i've been on for 2 months is quite good.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
We've been hard work on our latest round of EQT Staged Tune revisions. This time we have some exciting updates for all 2019+ GTI, GLI, and A3 customers! With the help of several local test cars and many remote beta testers, we have further refined our pump gas tunes and released some brand new Staged Tune options for these cars.

Refinements include revised throttle mapping for better response and smoother drivability, revised boost control strategy to address underboost conditions experienced by some cars at high elevation, and overall refinements to offer smoother and more consistent power output. We have also resolved the burbles functionality that was preventing some 2019+ cars from activating the feature. These revised files now carry a V2.50 designation.

We have also released our very popular EQT E30 Staged Tunes for the 2019+ cars! Stage 1/2 cars can run our E30 Staged Tunes on completely stock fuel systems and get a huge boost in performance! Check out the results of our new EQT Staged Tunes in this dyno comparison. And remember that different dyno numbers can vary, so always take the baseline pull into consideration.

Finally, we have also released our EQT DSG Tune for the 2019+ GTI/GLI/A3 7 Speed DSG Transmission (DQ381). We spent months dialing this in with the help of many beta testers. We used input from the community to finalize this DSG tune to try to satisfy as many customers as possible.

All updated and new tunes are now live and available for purchase: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/tuning

1600976809610.png

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Ed,

E30 tune for IS38 swapped gtis? Is that in the works? Getting conflicting info about it.