GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How much boost does the EQT Stage 1 and also Stage 2 OTS tune run compared to stock? I didn't see that on the FAQ. I am curious how much boost it runs compared to similar tunes such as Unitronic and APR, and the JB4 map 2 I am currently running (I think it is 5 PSI over stock).

I have a stage 2 EQT tune, and it peaks at around ~28psi.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is that a custom protune or the OTS tune? I am assuming boost levels would be about the same for a protune versus the OTS tune?

An OTS tune is always less boost for safety because the OTS tune doesn't know your mods. A protune with logging and revisions is tailored to your specific mods and real time results.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Do you know how much boost the Stage 1 EQT and Stage 2 EQT OTS run?

No, check their website. Results are more important than boost numbers. You can have a lot of boost and retarded timing. That's why a protune or dyno tune is always best because the boost and timing will be optimized for your car.

boostnonu

Go Kart Newbie
Hey Ed what’s the cost if I bought AP from you without DSG but now I’m considering it. And do I need to send you back the AP to add it? thanks for for the help.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Hey Ed what’s the cost if I bought AP from you without DSG but now I’m considering it. And do I need to send you back the AP to add it? thanks for for the help.
Still $400 and, No. you can either buy the DSG upgrade from EQT or from Cobb. Both will email you a new file to load onto the AP. I purchased through Cobb, maybe quicker since EQT is the middle man, and pricing is the same everywhere for the upgrade.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is that a custom protune or the OTS tune? I am assuming boost levels would be about the same for a protune versus the OTS tune?

OTS tune.

Still $400 and, No. you can either buy the DSG upgrade from EQT or from Cobb. Both will email you a new file to load onto the AP. I purchased through Cobb, maybe quicker since EQT is the middle man, and pricing is the same everywhere for the upgrade.

Buying through EQT is the same price, but you get the benefit of getting their DSG tune files along with Cobb's

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Buying through EQT is the same price, but you get the benefit of getting their DSG tune files along with Cobb's
Yes if purchased during the sale, otherwise it’s the cost of the upgrade and additional for the base DSG tune. The sale would save you $150 on the total upgrade.

SEANMK7

Sorry if i missed the info but do you have a ots base file for an eqt vortex? I know you'd want a pro tune to dial it in but didn't know if you offer a base file with the turbo if say i purchased the cobb ap and vortex at the same time. looking at making the switch from apr. thanks!

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Sorry if i missed the info but do you have a ots base file for an eqt vortex? I know you'd want a pro tune to dial it in but didn't know if you offer a base file with the turbo if say i purchased the cobb ap and vortex at the same time. looking at making the switch from apr. thanks!
I dont want to speak for Ed, but i think it is safe to say he has a "base" file he sends that is basically the same for all the people with the vortex turbo. Then after he gets the logs back from that he makes adjustments based on the logs.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I dont want to speak for Ed, but i think it is safe to say he has a "base" file he sends that is basically the same for all the people with the vortex turbo. Then after he gets the logs back from that he makes adjustments based on the logs.
But that “base” file only comes at the cost of a custom tune

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Correct. Not gonna bundle IS38+ tunes for the cost of just an AP.

SEANMK7

Gotcha..was trying to buildup a total price tag for the vortex upgrade and thought if this free base file deal could include a vortex file then i may take the plunge. my 73,000 tuned is20 can't last too much longer so trying to figure out which rabbit hole i want to dig down. Haha. Thanks guys.