GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

Ridebjj

Drag Racing Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
sorry, GTi with is38 is still considered a custom tune at this time. I don’t know if Ed will consider doing a “staged” upgrade path for GTi’s with R turbos or not.
He should because I've seen a lot of requests for it. For so many guys the IS38 is the turbo they first go to for GTI's. Wouldn't the tune be about the same anyway?

Ridebjj

Drag Racing Champion
He should because I've seen a lot of requests for it. For so many guys the IS38 is the turbo they first go to for GTI's. Wouldn't the tune be about the same anyway?
I'm interested because after thinking about swap options for months, I've decided to do nothing except for if this tune happens and pair it with a used IS38 to try to bring it in for under 1k. Otherwise, I stay as is unless the is20 goes to heaven.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They would essentially be undercutting themselves by doing this as an OTS in my opinion...the idea of spending the extra money on a custom tune for someone utilizing the stock turbo comes off as say a 75% increase in the “mod” cost vs a consumer that is cleary ready to spend the $950- $1200 For the Turbo is now really only adding another say 15-30% to the “mod” cost.

Last edited:

Ridebjj

Drag Racing Champion
Pat did tell me via email that while they don't have an ETA, a canned OTS GTI IS38 tune is planned.
If they want a beta tester, I'd volunteer. Their E30 for IS20 that i've been on for 2 months is quite good.