GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Its not a matter of just beating stock, its a matter of keeping things safe while pushing the car. With that said, if you didn't feel anything, than your car was more than likely already tuned. There is no chance you wouldn't feel the difference, ESPECIALLY from Stock to Stage 2.
Yeah I am starting to think my car might have been stage 1 when I bought it used lmao, when I got it all warmed up and took it for a spin I was like ....is that it?

San Diego, ya that prob heat soak. I couldn't imagine running any tune now w/out an IC. No wonder car is a slug, grab the IC
For sure, I am considering the twintercooler or Magic stock location replacement. I love the look if the twintercooler though. Anyway, dont wanna clog up this thread, I just was hoping to come back with a shining review like everyone else does after going tuned :LOL:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Cobb says you can’t flash over a tuned ECU with an AP, as it could brick the ecu. unless maybe the PO had already flashed it with a AP but for them to not uninstall the AP would seem odd.

easy enough for you to run and log, load to datazap and Post it here, then we could confirm.... stage 1 with DP vs stage 2 with DP is going to be minimal though, it’s not like they are requesting tons more boost/fuel/Timing

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Cobb says you can’t flash over a tuned ECU with an AP, as it could brick the ecu. unless maybe the PO had already flashed it with a AP but for them to not uninstall the AP would seem odd.

easy enough for you to run and log, load to datazap and Post it here, then we could confirm.... stage 1 with DP vs stage 2 with DP is going to be minimal though, it’s not like they are requesting tons more boost/fuel/Timing
Bet?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Yeah I am starting to think my car might have been stage 1 when I bought it used lmao, when I got it all warmed up and took it for a spin I was like ....is that it?

For sure, I am considering the twintercooler or Magic stock location replacement. I love the look if the twintercooler though. Anyway, dont wanna clog up this thread, I just was hoping to come back with a shining review like everyone else does after going tuned :LOL:
Dont go twintercooler. If you want the look of a front mount then hit up @GTI Jake . I like stock location personally and ppl report good success with the magic IC. WHen i got my IC there weren't alot of players in the game yet but the UNI has served me well and at a good price.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
lol, on what part?
cobb saying it, possibility of previous not uninstalling the AP, having a massive gain between stage 1 with stage 2 hardware vs stage 2 with stage 2 hardware?
I guess i was super vague haha. I flashed cobb over my APR tune when i got mine. Wasnt going to pay a dealer to flash it back to stock. Had no issues.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I did some runs in stage 0 then stage 2, there is a difference but its not as much as I was expecting. I mostly feel a bit more power in 1st through 3rd then after that it feels pretty stock. Ill get some logs done so we can see if heat soak is an issue (probably is considering I am on the stock IC). I was planning to do the magic IC stock location in the future, looks like that time is sooner that i expected. If I had to summarize so far, I would say that I wish I had just kept my money for other things. But maybe something will be revealed through the logs that will show room for improvement.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I did some runs in stage 0 then stage 2, there is a difference but its not as much as I was expecting. I mostly feel a bit more power in 1st through 3rd then after that it feels pretty stock. Ill get some logs done so we can see if heat soak is an issue (probably is considering I am on the stock IC). I was planning to do the magic IC stock location in the future, looks like that time is sooner that i expected. If I had to summarize so far, I would say that I wish I had just kept my money for other things. But maybe something will be revealed through the logs that will show room for improvement.
Very good change - something is wrong, no other mods really In regards to $ per hp would net the same gain percent as going from stock to stage 2 tune.

very interested to see logs.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Took a log today, not exactly sure how to do it or what conditions to be driving under so I just floored it. Ill post this over in the EQT logs thread to see what people think too.

https://datazap.me/u/supermoto/eqt-stage-2-91-first-log?log=0&data=8-11
ok i trimmed it to get a better understanding

https://datazap.me/u/supermoto/eqt-...34-42-44&solo=33&trim=0&tmin=12.32&tmax=21.76

going forward when you log try to do a WOT pull starting in 3rd gear pedal to the floor from 3k to 6k and if you want shift into 4th and pull there for a sec just to see the behaviors for shifting.

also on the AP next time select to log the parameters of the ambient and IAT (its not a default parameter of the AP when you get it) since that what we want to see with your stock IC.

as the log goes, your timing is no good and its very knocky - your using 91 right? what brand? also im sure IATS are high also but can see that from the log.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
ok i trimmed it to get a better understanding

https://datazap.me/u/supermoto/eqt-...34-42-44&solo=33&trim=0&tmin=12.32&tmax=21.76

going forward when you log try to do a WOT pull starting in 3rd gear pedal to the floor from 3k to 6k and if you want shift into 4th and pull there for a sec just to see the behaviors for shifting.

also on the AP next time select to log the parameters of the ambient and IAT (its not a default parameter of the AP when you get it) since that what we want to see with your stock IC.

as the log goes, your timing is no good and its very knocky - your using 91 right? what brand? also im sure IATS are high also but can see that from the log.
Yeah I'm running 91. I only use Shell or Costco, this tank being shell. Tomorrow I'll set it all up right and get a decent log. I'll probably start a thread or post in the existing EQT so I don't clog this up more than I already have.

Thank you for that, I'll have it all set up tomorrow and get a nice solid log done.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion