GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Badge Origin?

otbiker57

Car(s)
17 GTI
Recently bought a 17 GTI with these front and rear badges. Are these OEM? If not, anyone know the vendor?

TIA

IMG_0146.jpegIMG_0147.jpeg

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Definitely aftermarket or they could be vinyl overlays.

There are numerous vendors so finding the specific one might be difficult.

My red and black front badge came from okixtreme.com (now called Eurobadgez) but I bought it through ECS.

Last edited:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Those appear to be the same badges that I purchased, from a seller in the UK on Ebay. The black and red bits are separate, They snapped into place easily on the front, and have remained there for 2 years without issue, but the rear one would not stay in place, so I eventually had to secure it using epoxy.

otbiker57

Car(s)
17 GTI
Thanks for the replies. I had been outa the VW loop for about 5 years and didn't think they were OEM. Anyone, they look pretty good with the dark pearl black...

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Thanks for the replies. I had been outa the VW loop for about 5 years and didn't think they were OEM. Anyone, they look pretty good with the dark pearl black...

Would you mind taking a picture of the front and back from a distance showing the whole car?

otbiker57

Car(s)
17 GTI
The wheels are an interesting story. Bought the car from a VW dealer. The car had aftermarket wheels and springs. 20K miles but just out of warranty time wise. I made them an offer that I buy the car if they sold it as CPO. To do this, they had to return to stock wheels and springs, which they did. The wheels and tires were new car takeoffs.
Thanks for telling me which wheels they are. I was thinking they were Austins, but hadn't researched it much.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
The wheels are an interesting story. Bought the car from a VW dealer. The car had aftermarket wheels and springs. 20K miles but just out of warranty time wise. I made them an offer that I buy the car if they sold it as CPO. To do this, they had to return to stock wheels and springs, which they did. The wheels and tires were new car takeoffs.
Thanks for telling me which wheels they are. I was thinking they were Austins, but hadn't researched it much.

Oh wow that is interesting! They didn't let you keep the aftermarket wheels as well did they?

otbiker57

Car(s)
17 GTI
No they didn't, but not a problem for me. They were gloss black/red and just not my bag. I'm old school and black wheels remind of cars without hubcaps!

Sorry!

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
No they didn't, but not a problem for me. They were gloss black/red and just not my bag. I'm old school and black wheels remind of cars without hubcaps!

Sorry!

Yeah my GTI is the same color as yours and I would never go with black or dark wheels.